ROBIN EH035-where to get one!!

i purchased two of the lehr 25s off fleabay, propane powered. even with 150 postage from the US, they were cheaper than a single one over here off a shelf! (makita lawnblower...$399)

one got fitted to a brushcutter shaft, and hasnt had a problem. smooth, quiet, gets through the nightmare i call home at half throttle without straining... has about 30-40 hours of use now.

the other one i converted to petrol(not easy unless you have the correct carb), mounted to a bike, and promptly broke its lugs off :) still runs fine, just me and my lousy work failed :) no fault of the engine.

the ONE issue i had mechanically was letting my mate start it... AAAARGH! DONT YANK ON THE STARTER LIKE THAT! i was holding the bike...he pulled it out of my hands! all the way to the limit of the cord! yank. yank. YANK! next day it broke when i gave it a gentlepull. very simple fix though.

Why even talk about the HS 140F engine? It's not available in the US. I suspect this is the That's Dax 35cc engine which he has on order.

Agreed, but how is the 140f compare to the honda's reliability and efficiency? I'm pretty much sold on the robin either way, Im just pinchin' penny's till i can order it and the drive at the same time, prob. the kit so I can save a few more bucks.

There's little question that the Honda GX35 is superior to any of the Chinese copies. For my money and living in the USA, I'd go with either a genuine Honda or Subaru. Some folks are pinching every penny, and in some parts of the world the Honda or Subaru engines are unavailable or prohibitively expensive.

I don't have any personal experience with the Honda GX35, but I have had four of the Honda GX31's, numerous Subaru eh035's, and numerous Lehr propane Subaru EH025's. From my experiences with them, I think the genuine Honda's and Subaru's are clearly superior, but that the Chinese made Lehr engines are certainly usable engines too. I would expect the 140f copy of the GX35 to fall in line quality-wise with the other Huasheng engines.

Last edited:
Why even talk about the HS 140F engine? It's not available in the US. I suspect this is the That's Dax 35cc engine which he has on order.

I believe that you are correct that the Dax 35cc engine is a HS 140F. I see that he is "out of stock".
(At $169.99, I don't think they are much of a bargain either).

Chinese products are typically imported by numerous importers, and availability is always a "maybe" thing. As long as something is in production , it will be available sometime and somewhere. If HS 140F engines become available in your locale and the price is right though, I think they would be worth taking a good look at.

Ya my area has NOTHING for engines with a 76mm clutch, and at 169.99 and chineese id just go gt50r for a few more$$$.I know DAX has a great rep. and I really wanted a titan50cc at first but always O.O.S. so that's what made me lean tward the robin. If I HAVE to buy EVERYTHING online with a limited budget, and have no job, It has to be #1 RELIABLE so Chinese engines are not an option. This is not a hobbie for me, it will be my main transport till WINTER, then who knows. Chain drive? studs? CAR? At least i'll be set for spring!

Last edited:
Ok, then you need a reliable four stroke, like a Honda 35 of Robin eho 35. I suggest going with a simple chain drive from staton, BMP or Gebe. It's going to cost about $600 after adding all the rest.

Hey Chalo, I'd much rather have the BMW license built Isetta than the Iso original. The 4 cycle BMW 300cc engine is at least twice as reliable/long lived as the 2 cycle scooter engine Iso used. The Iso Isetta was designed to be built on a refrigerator production line because all the European auto factories were bombed out following WWII and people needed cars. Iso was an Italian home appliance builder. Some people have speculated the odd door was from a refrigerator. It certainly is similar. A better bubble car may have been the Henschel Kabine. Henschel saw a BMW built Isetta and said, "I can do better". The car Henschel designed looks similar, but is a tad longer, much lighter, has a tiny back seat/cargo area, and has similar(maybe better)performance with a smaller, 200cc 4 cycle Henschel engine.

Last edited:
oh shutup and just give me a goggomobil. dart coupe thankyou :) now stuff a good motor innit :)

und was about der messershmidt, ja?

this thread should become..."small 50's ppl mobiles-where to get one?"

Dave Staton is a good dealer,a cocky ******* but still a good dealer....
John

Dave Staton told me he would ship my gearbox in a couple of days, and 2 weeks later he emailed me telling me he would have to substitute some other parts (it was some $3 item) for ones I ordered. I had no problem with the substitution, my problem was that he told me it would ship fast, but he sat on the whole order (for an expensive gearbox) and my money because of a cheap part he didn't have in stock. Then, he has the balls to ship the gear box with no lubrication. I have been buying machinery for 40 years, and I never had a manufacturer, from multi-national heavy equipment manufacturers to local machine shops, ship a full assembly like a gearbox without the proper lube.
He might make a great gearbox, but he is a lousy businessman, and his customer service skills are non-existent. The only explanation for someone running a business like that is that the guy is independently wealthy, and he just does this to keep his hands in something to stay busy. Dealing with Dave Staton was one of the worse purchasing experiences of my life.

Heh, there is another explanation, got to be, since I don't think a guy who's independently wealthy would be bothered making motorized wheelbarrows, lol.
I remember my first transaction with Dave, I thought of canceling the order after just talking to him on the phone. I'm glad I didn't. I reminded him of that the next time I talked to him and he apologized. He's just a gnarly old Oklahoma farmer but that's the way he builds stuff too, thank goodness.

Last edited:
Back