Robin eho35? Honda gx35?

Yeah, there are down sides to everything. Everything is going to break eventually. A 2 stroke would be great if I only rode it out in the country, but they are too noisy for use in town. In my town, letting everybody know that you are riding a motorized bicycle is just asking for it. Now if the 2 stroke engine manufacturers, and I don't mean the cheap Chinese ****, could come up with a muffling system like my 2 stroke Solex moped has, I'd go for it. I don't ride the Solex much, the roads around here are really rough, and the Solex frame is pretty fragile. I have also broken several spokes. So I need a motorized bike that has a much stronger frame and wheels, but is still quiet. I have the bike, now for the engine. I think I'm going to go with the R/S engine. I have always preferred pushrod engines to OHC engines. Jerry.

The owner's manual state "Keep the unit dry (do not operate it in rainy conditions)." Does anyone have any first hand experience with the EH035 in regards to rain proofing the engine for prolong riding in the rain? I make a habit of covering it up with a plastic bag and peddling if caught in a rain storm. Mine was bought second hand and it looks like the previous owner stored it outside. It looks ugly but she still runs like a champ.

Last edited:
My moneys on the r/s have one and its the perfect MAB motor. I can't imagine the honda having any flaws. The honda on some sites is rated at 1.3hp and the soobie 1.6. 1 flaw in the soobie is its color, yellow and it isn't my fav.

Last edited:
The GX 35 is rated @ 1.6hp. It dynos higher than the EHO35 also. Actually the GX31 dynos close to the EHO35 which is actually only 33cc not 35.

Honda GX35 35.8 cc 1.30 Net HP Four Cycle.......on statons site.

FYI:
Actually Ryobi was first to come out with a splash 4-stroke that would operate
in any orientation. Nothing is perfected when invented. Sub. & honda were quick
to follow suit, and I think they both have done a good job. Still, knowing the
resources honda pours into R&D, as well as their service network, I gotta stick
With the honda which I've seen listed at 1.3 on some sites and 1.6 on others.
The way it lugs my fat *** around, i gotta think 1.6.

P.S.: It rains here 6 mos. a year, and my honda loves cold damp air.

Last edited:
The Honda has more power than the R/S.The Ryobi won't operate inverted for long periods where the Honda will run forever upside down, but that doesn't mean much to the MB crowd, but Honda having more power and better quality than the R/S makes it a smarter choice.

Back