RockSolidEngines billet head.

oh I meet in no way to say you where wrong, (and now I understand yes you would think that a Toyota dealer would tell better things, I actually asked the foreman as hes really into his harleys and motorbikes so im really not sure maybe where all right and all wrong??

oh I meet in no way to say you where wrong, (and now I understand yes you would think that a Toyota dealer would tell better things, I actually asked the foreman as hes really into his harleys and motorbikes so im really not sure maybe where all right and all wrong??

No problems and I honestly didn't set out to offend.
Your foreman is right in one way, it will work.

But would you take your car back to a mechanic who doesn't put washers back when he reassembles things?
I wouldn't.

Again, thanks for the input. My main point was that Tony had said that my problem was unique and my stud-length was 'weird' and yet you found that your studs were slightly short too.
It looks to be a problem with all of these (66cc) engines when fitting an RSE billet head, (or at least the ZBox engines).
Hopefully SBP will have good news for me.

... Steve

My head fitted no worries with my skyhawk 66cc. I only replaced the studs because I cross threaded one. That said the stud is pretty much flush with the tops of my nuts.

My head fitted no worries with my skyhawk 66cc. I only replaced the studs because I cross threaded one. That said the stud is pretty much flush with the tops of my nuts.

Sounds like you were luckier.
My studs are flush with the tops of (standard depth) nuts with the stock head, but 2mm short with billet head.

From what I've heard, the studs are all the same length, therefore it's the depth of the drilling in the crankcase that must vary.

I'm relying on the boys at SBP at the moment.
Otherwise, if my crankcase stud drillings are really deeper, then a quick fix might be to drop a bit of my electronic solder into the stud holes to fill 2-3mm. Then my studs would protrude 2-3mm more, still bottom into their holes and have as much stud embedded as everyone else.

... Steve

Back