Scratching my head and then I find I need Handlebar help

As a chef I have access to aluminum sheet pans, aluminum pots, etc; a great source for metal for our type of projects.

Thanks,but it's already fixored!
As promised I took detailed pictures of my Mickey Mouse fix. I decided to go to Lowels to get two cycle oil,a spark plug and stuff for my soon to be delivered Happy Time and I found these 1"copper crimp rings. So I took two out and cut them with my garden shears(garden shears RULE!). Then after wrapping it around my handlebar and clamped it down on my stem,it's so tight it's amazing!
So now I'm gonna change out all the cables for longer ones. I found a cable set at Wal Mart which seems to fit the bill. It's definetly long enough. Another home trick I found is that if you take a crimper tool you find everywhere that has the cutter,crimper,wire stripper and little bolt cutters and all that I found that if I thread the cable thru the bolt cutter part,it makes a perfect cut thru the cable without splicing. Then a dab of superglue keeps it all together.
I want my happy time. I want my happy time NOW!

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 235
  • cut.JPG
    cut.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 232
  • wrap.JPG
    wrap.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 235
  • fin.JPG
    fin.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 221
  • crimperJPG.JPG
    crimperJPG.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 225
Your not just a tad bit on the excited side are you? Slow down, take your time, do it once and do it right! You'll be glad later.

Oh believe me. My mid life crisis entails tinkering and problems for without problems,to me in a wierd way,it just isn't fun.
I am excited,though,to take that thing on it's maiden voyage.
Oh.That Wal Mart cable kit worked good. It's all together now. Riding it gave no problems;shifting smooth.
Will take a pic tomorrow,outside of the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dockspa1,you give good advice. It came today! Happy is not the word. I spent all afternoon falaging that rear sprocket to get it just centered. It took a lot of time cause it wanted to go off balance.
Couple of things though.
I read somewhere here that you gots to pull that clutch in GOOD to get that sprocket to freewheel. I pulled that rod real good but it won't nudge by my hand. I assume this is normal?
Also...I just can't find it anywhere,but forgive me if it's here...how does one put crankcase oil in this bad boy?
I'll get it all installed by tomorrow but I am in no way in any hurry. Building it is half the fun!
My camera needs a recharge but I was able to get this pic. Any one of you'all with those new Schwinns with that oval frame that goes in then out,y'all were right about that engine no go on that frame. I mean not even close!
(yea..that engine is on backwards. But still!)

Attachments

• 100_0067 copy.jpg
    100_0067 copy.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 226
how does one put crankcase oil in this bad boy?

:confused:

(somebody tell me he's kidding)

just in case you're not...these are 2-stroke engines & are lubricated by mixing oil with the gasoline.

STOP right now and read everything you can find about pre-mix!!

Wait. OK. This is my first two stroke engine. No crankcase oil is needed? I mean just the oil mixed in with the gas lubricates all the bearings? The crankshaft?
Thanks for the quick reply augidog.
(I got's four stroke thinking in my brain)
Back when I was a diesel mechanic,those allison v6 blown 2 stroke diesels had crankcase oil.
It just dosen't make any sense to me.

that's it...the fuel-mixture is inducted into the crankcase, then thru some port thingys, & into the combustion chamber. some magical stuff happens and the gas burns while the oil is left behind to lubricate the engine. that's about how i look at it, but it works for me.

do not fire that engine up until you know what pre-mix is and why & how to mix and use it.

Thanks augidog! I would be TOTALLY LOST without you and this forum.
I got the premix thing worked out. I just recently bought a used chain saw and the original owner schooled me to the whole premix game.
So do I need to worry much about that clutch not seeming to work? I'm assuming once it's on the bike the moving of the bike would move it. It's just because it's new,right? :D

Large... You are a Hoot....

Large... You are a hoot for sure.. And.. Yes.. Everything is lubricated by the oil you mix with your Fuel. I also see you are in Colorado. This is cool... :) anyway.. Hang in there. You will get it. Make sure to put in 7 ounces of oil for every 1 gallon of gas. As soon as you put in gas with no oil, you will burn that motor up !! Enjoy the ride..

Back