Screaming Clutch

Local time
5:55 PM
so, I cant get my bike to start unless I use an electric drill, it will not start if I peddle, and when its running and I disengage the clutch it starts screaming like crazy, it also makes the whole bike vibrate like mad, I'm not quite sure what's wrong with it and would like some advice.

Mine only squeals when the clutch is disengaged

Mine only squeals when the clutch is disengaged

Did you read Posts 1- 5 it kinda sounds like your problem 4 & 5

By disengage - do you mean, pulling the clutch hand lever to disengage the motor from turning the rear wheel

Maybe your clutch needs to be adjusted. Because the clutch pads are still slightly making contact to the pressure plate

Last edited:
Did you read Posts 1- 5 it kinda sounds like your problem 4 & 5

By disengage - do you mean, pulling the clutch hand lever to disengage the motor from turning the rear wheel

Maybe your clutch needs to be adjusted. Because the clutch pads are still slightly making contact to the pressure plate
Yep that's what I mean by disengage, would that be to tighten it loosen the clutch, that still doesn't explain why it won't pedal start

What does it do when you try and pedal start it? Like just slow you down or does it turn over motor . This all is when you release clutch lever. You need to be around 5 to 7mph before you release lever.

Yep that's what I mean by disengage, would that be to tighten it loosen the clutch, that still doesn't explain why it won't pedal start

It starts with a drill motor, Try peddling faster

Motor off - Is the bike easy to roll with the clutch disengaged?
If the clutch is dragging it's too loose. Adjust the clutch cable or maybe the flower (star) nut

It turns over very slowly and comes to a near stop
I just looked at your post history. You just finished this bike. Is the first time you have tried to start this bike?
Or have ya been riding it a little and then it started making a screaming noise and vibration, now it wont start?

You have to adjust a few things to get it to operate properly, remove right side cover and watch the clutch plate as you pull the lever. Make sure the plate is in contact with the pads. Also, look at the back of the cover for any marks from the plate touching it.

I just looked at your post history. You just finished this bike. Is the first time you have tried to start this bike?
Or have ya been riding it a little and then it started making a screaming noise and vibration, now it wont start?
Umm well it my second time riding the bike, I had attempted to start it by peddling to no anvil, so I used a power drill, it runs good but if you disengage the clutch it doesn't sound right

Back