Shift system for 2stroke chinese motor

Im thinking in buying a shift system to my chinese 2stroke motor, but SBS is away to x-penssive, is better to buy a old motorbike than buying a $200 SBS shift kit...

Someone knows a less expenssive place where I can buy this shifts?
Thanks

Free market economy. If you want to go buy a FW somewhere else, feel free.

I will say this: The outstanding support and dedication that SBP has shown to our community is impossible to put a price tag on. For the average hobbyist like myself, there is simply no one out there that compares to SBP.

i have started my new project today....

27 inch road racer frame with rigid mtb forks and alloy wheels and knobby mtb tyres,bmx gooseneck and handlebars front and back brakes running off a single dual pull lever it has no pedals i know it is a tad illegal it must have pedals or its a motorcycle but there becoming completely illegal in adelaide here so may as well have fun while its still half possible the gearing i got its a pocket bike engine so 6t on motor to a 44t on left crank its actually a rte hand side with cog cut down and welded onto it then both cranks cut off so not spinning and being dangerous then on other side i have a 48t and 52t sprocket running along to the back thru the deraliuer onto the 5 or 6 speed cassette im still working on engine mount just reinforcing it so wont get side stress as bad and then got to get fuel tank thinking of going with just a zbox tank clamped onto top bar i have a pocket bike expansion pipe coming out under the seat......i will have pictures in my gallery when its done most likely by saturday its tuesday now

Diy Shift Kit

Before we start i would like to say i am neutral here and just seeking more info.

I have searched and found all the components i need to build this thing.
However looks like over 80 bucks just to get the basics.

THIS IS FROM GRAINGER

Sprocket,1.839 Od,#40
>More Details...
Country of Origin: Japan
U.S. TSUBAKI
40B10F-3/4 1 Today $13.07
Sprocket, OD 1.839 Inches, Pitch Diameter 1.618 Inches, Number of Teeth 10, ANSI #40, Steel, 1/2 Inch Pitch for 3/4 Inch Bore Size, With Keyway Grainger Item # 1L106
Price (ea.) $13.07
Brand U.S. TSUBAKI
Mfr. Model # 40B10F-3/4
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 0.2
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 145

Sprocket,2.974 Od,#40
>More Details...
Country of Origin: Japan
U.S. TSUBAKI
40B17F-3/4 1 Today $19.90 $19.90
Sprocket, OD 2.974 Inches, Pitch Diameter 2.721 Inches, Number of Teeth 17, ANSI #40, Steel, 1/2 Inch Pitch for 3/4 Inch Bore Size, With Keyway Grainger Item # 1L131
Price (ea.) $19.90
Brand U.S. TSUBAKI
Mfr. Model # 40B17F-3/4
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 0.95
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 145

Bearing,Ball
>More Details...
Country of Origin: Mexico
BROWNING
VER-212 1 Today $23.86 $47.72

z, Bore Diameter 3/4 Inch, Hub Dimension 1.8504 Inches, VER 200 Series, Setscrew Lock Grainger Item # 4XW20
Price (ea.) $23.86
Brand BROWNING
Mfr. Model # VER-212
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 0.5
Usually Ships** Today
Catalog Page No. 177
Country of Origin Mexico

Shaft,RC60 Steel,0.750 In D,6 In
>More Details...
Country of Origin: USA
PACIFIC BEARING
NIL12-006.000 1 Today $6.99 $6.99

$87.68 TOTAL AND ALOT MORE NEEDED.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since i am a engineer in a big company i can get the brackets,front freewheel spocket adapted to fit std freewheel or anything else made from .032" / .250" thick steel plate laser burned for free.

Still need SBP crankset, $30.00 Plus shipping.

87.68 + $30.00 = 117.68

freewheel cost ??????? SBP $70.00 for WHITE HD

If there is a comparable freewheel for cheap let me know but ive heard bad things about them.

now were looking at 187.68 so far in parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems building the same setup for less is out.

Unless we find a good quality freewheel setup for cheap.

HOW CAN YOU ATTACH A FREEWHEEL TO A STD CRANK????

It seems i will be buying a SBP kit.
But i would like to know a few things first.
I think theres allways room for improvement.

What is the thickness of the plate used in the brackets?
I heard someone say Flex issues?
I would use aircraft quality grade B50E124B3 0.236 HIGH STRENGTH PLATE.
Only a little more expensive.
ALSO ADDING A BRACKET THAT CONNECTS THE SIDE PLATES ABOVE THE JACKSHAFT AS WIDE AS POSSIBLE WILL ELIMINATE TWISTING OF THE SHAFT.
Think of how the shaft will get out of perpindicular when the brackets flex.

I could design this in my cad software and run ANSYS Stress Analisys software to see what happens.

At any rate when catastrophic failure is a risk i go overkill on all components.

BEARINGS BEARINGS BEARINGS

I would use ER Style Ball Bearing

@ 1/2 bore in an ER bearing
Item ER Style Insert Ball Bearing
Series 200
Bore Dia. (In.) 1/2
Outside Dia. (In.) 1.8504
Inside Dia. (In.) 1/2
Width (In.) 1 7/32
Dynamic Load Capacity (Lb.) 2611
Locking Type Set Screw
Bearing Material 52100 Steel
Includes Single Lip Rubber Contact Seal
ER Style Insert Ball Bearings
Bearings are completely industry interchangeable, and include a protective flinger, molded lip contact seals, and a snap ring (for outer race location) that features a groove with grease holes for relubrication.
Manufactured from vacuum degassed 52100 steel with black oxide corrosion resistant races.

WHAT KIND OF BEARINGS COME WITH THE SBP KIT????

In comparison

Radial Bearing,Flanged,Bore 0.5000 In
Radial Ball Bearing, Shielded, Flanged, Bore Dia 0.5000 In, Outside Dia 1.1250 In, Width 0.3125 In, Flange Dia 1.2250 In, Flange Thickness 0.0620 In
>More Details... DAYTON
FR8ZZ 1 Today $9.76 181

Item Radial Ball Bearing
Type Shielded, Flanged
Bore Dia. (In.) 0.5000
Outside Dia. (In.) 1.1250
Width (In.) 0.3125
Flange Dia. (In.) 1.225
Flange Thickness (In.) 0.062
ABEC Tolerance 1
Dynamic Load Capacity (Lb.) 880
Static Load Capacity (Lb.) 505
Max. Load Axial (Lb.) 245
Max. RPM 20,000
Temp. Range (F) -65 - 250
Bearing Material 52100 Chrome Steel
Cage Material Stainless Steel
Shield Material Stainless Steel
Lubrication Grease

THE ER Dynamic Load Capacity (Lb.) 2611

THE FLANGED BALL BEARING Dynamic Load Capacity (Lb.) 880

SO THE ER CAN TAKE 3 TIMES THE LOAD. "ENGINE STARTING"
THESE LOOK INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sprag Clutch Freewheels
A Sprag Clutch is a free-wheel device having an inner race, and an outer race either of which can be the input or output member. The input member can be arranged to drive the output member in a chosen direction and permit the output member to over-run in the same direction.

In general, Sprag Clutches are able to transmit greater torques, within given overall dimensions, than other types of free-wheel device.

There are 3 basic applications for a sprag clutch: overrunning; indexing; backstopping.

To download our product brochures, visit Renold Clutches and Couplings brochure download page.

Sprag Clutch Freewheels

SA Series
Light duty freewheel clutches
Available from size 02 to size 05

SB Series
A light duty freewheel clutch. Allows direct mounting with chain pinions, gears etc.
Available from size 3 to size 16

SO/SX Series
A high precision, clutch suitable for medium to heavy duty applications. A high precision clutch suitable for medium to heavy duty applications.
SO - For overrunning applications
SX - For indexing applications

Flanged Stub Shaft Adaptor
The same as the SO/SX, these freewheels are made available with fitted stub shaft adaptors
Available from size 300 to 1027

SCPF & SCGF
A medium to large power capacity sprag clutch and flexible coupling combination range
SCPF - Sprag clutch freewheel fitted with Renold Pinflex couplings
SCGF - Sprag clutch freewheel fitted with Renold Gearflex couplings
Available in all freewheel sizes

DM
High torque capacity yet compact direct mounting design, suitable for backstopping applications
Available in a wide range of sizes, from 125 to 513

HMMMNNNNN HAVE TO GET BACK TO THIS.

Sprag Clutches
Possiably more reliable than the best bicycle freewheel????
Coming soon

Sounds like you have researched it plenty!

- I do not know the sick bike part tech specs, but I have ran mine very hard with no flex issues.
- The freewheel can not be installed on anything expect a three piece crank. If you have a two piece, you need to convert it over. SBP sells it at a very reasonable price.

I am sure you can come up with something, and the pleasure of fabbing it might be worth something as well. I was happy to pickup the box and bolt parts on :)

I cant wait to build up a Gen II with a SBP HD kit when I get back into this hobby again! Well thought out and tech support? Not expensive in the least. Heck it took me about 12 manhours to engineer out that wonderful little idler setup that dropped me on the ground , ripped most of the spokes out and broke a rear strut on its maiden voyage. Anytime something works as advertised and is well made its worth the cost..Just my 2 cents..:D

Definatly worth every penny in my opinoin too.
I wish i had one.

Only reason for designing one is for purly the pleasure of doing it.
My wife won't let me drop 200 bucks right now.
Not with christmas coming.

But i can slide away 40 / 50 bucks at a time.

I really love SBP and give alot of credit to the companies that cater to us.

I think we need to help them develop more products so we can spend more money and support them to keep them in buisness.

lol,did you mean taking the p iss?fair suck of the sav, we just stirrin the pot , neednt come the raw prawn, rofl,...im a customer of yours paul, and as jester states your products cant be faulted on quality. all in fun mate.. get a dog up ya!!

WTF did you just say!?:D

Don't know much about building anything... that's the reason why I'm trying it, but SBP has some cool stuff and I think it's rather affordable. This is coming from someone who knows nothing about fabricating anything except for wine.

Back