Shimano/Isis bottom bracket question? Building the ultimate fishing bike ;)

Here's some pics that helped to inspire me...
The only difference is, the one I'm building is self powered and has a full transmission for fast roads and steep trails!

Attachments

• 2640220467_3cab175154.jpg
    2640220467_3cab175154.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 463
  • 16fishing trailer on bicycle.jpg
    16fishing trailer on bicycle.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 848
  • P1060302.JPG
    P1060302.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 481
  • mountain bike.jpg
    mountain bike.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5,384
  • ist2_4206360-bicycles-friends-and-fishing.jpg
    ist2_4206360-bicycles-friends-and-fishing.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 449
We don't put that stuff in the manual just because it is fun, lol. Locktite is a must as well.

When you say large chain which one are you talking about, to me wide chain is the 415 that goes from the engine to the jackshaft. Or are you talking about the one that goes from the jackshaft to the chainring? If you are talking about the 2nd one, jackshaft to chainring, DO NOT USE A MASTERLINK ON THIS CHAIN. First the masterlink can't handle the stress and it increases the chance of it catching on the other chain. Just an FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 415.
Yeah, i had been waiting to get this kit for a few months and got impatient at the last moment lol, and your right, i may as well get some locktite.

Where do i get locktite and how much does it cost?

Any hardware or autoparts store should have it, get the blue stuff. It holds but you can still get the set screw out if you need to. On the large sprocket I suggest to use a lot. That set screw has to thread in a long way so by the time it gets where it needs to go you have removed all the locktite. It is around 3 or 4 dollars.

BTW nice find on the bottom bracket parts. I would take the other one back to the bike shop, I would also give the guy a little grief, they should know better, unless they accidentally gave you two of the same side on accident.

"get the blue stuff." That i shall do.

"BTW nice find on the bottom bracket parts." Thanks, i almost never seem to have that kind of luck!:D

"I would take the other one back to the bike shop, I would also give the guy a little grief, they should know better," I plan to get a refund tomorrow, but it was the end of the day and he looked tired, so i'll try to go easy on him... However i will tell him that i spent a total of $7 on a couple of 2 way trips there for nothing.

"gave you two of the same side on accident" No, it was a completely different size and thread type, even though i brought with the original cartage bracket for sizing.

Last edited:
COOL, up here we call that a "Devine appointment", i LOVE to hear of that sort of thing happening for people.

happy bike/ fishing

steve

Back