Should we start steering newbies to friction drives?

I have actually been considering a build like that, but using a 90 degree bevel drive so the engine and fuel tank can be in-line with the frame of the bike to keep the center of gravity more centered. Just need to figure out what ratio bevel drive to run, but there is a wide variety. 1:1 to 60:1 and most everything in between.
Supposedly the center of gravity isn't affected while riding, only when the bike is parked. However it just looks goofy and that just cant be allowed.

They wont have to worry about if the engine will fit, they wont be asking about chain tension, they wont have to deal with mounting a sprocket. I know the mid mount looks cool and the friction drive looks goofy BUT: its almost idjut proof.

Just steer the Newbies towards E bikes and ya won't be bothered at all, :ROFLMAO:

The purpose of this forum is to help the newbie with his/her M/B

Just steer the Newbies towards E bikes and ya won't be bothered at all, :ROFLMAO:

The diy ebike forums are doing some really interesting stuff. These guys are really pushing bike components, pushing the limits until failure, then dialing it back to make robust and fun machines.

NOW ya tell me...lol...lol.

Half? You're 80? You're beyond old fart status at that age. Pure stale fart. ;)
Eighty ???...Now your pushing the buttons...lol...Stale fart???, not hardly, at least not yet...lol...I always tell everyone that when you get older, "Never Trust A fart"...lol...Sometimes it can be Sooooo much more than that...lol.

Back