Sick of being asked to help fit kits

I would also add that the people who join and participate in a forum like this are searching for answers with the end goal being LEARNING how to pick up a wrench and do the labor... and then when they themselves have learned a new thing or two, pass on some knowledge themselves to others
There you go.
I could not have said it better!

Jim

I feel you'alls pain! I have a downstairs neighbor who THINKS he's a mechanic. NEVER tries to learn and always looks for the shortcut from another person. Then tries to discuss it with me! I worked on his Mountain bike once and that was it! Nice guy, but mechanically incompetent. Rant off-Gearhead

Sometimes I absolutely LOVE helping people.
same here. but i have to know i'm helping and not just doing. everyone i help either does their own work under my supervision, or pays me (somehow ;) ) for my work.

i give out MBc stickers and wait to see how interested they really are, it's totally fun being in on someone's 1st build if they're into it :cool:

edit: always remember, every rookie MUST install their own HT rear sprocket, that's always hilarious to watch, and plenty of razzin' from the old-timers too LOL

Last edited:
Back