some development :)

Some pictures,to show what can be built from russian 1.2hp engine :)
16-01-07_1813.jpg

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

foto_0393_198.jpg

DSC00089small.JPG

DSC00093small.JPG

Small list what's done to the engine:
- reedvalve direct intake
- Tillotson 24mm carburator
- watercooled cylinder with some porting (3 extra ports made and enlarged existing ones)
- kawasaki kx65 radiator
- electronic battery ignition
- GOL special piston with hardchromed L-ring
- Piaggio conrod
- selfmade clutch

What's missing yet:
expansion chamber, clutch cover, ignition cover, chain

Does the Russian engine come with an Iron sleeve? The ingenuity is the best part, keep us informed and keep up the U tube. Have fun, Dave

PS: I wonder what you could do with a real Whizzer! I know what I would do if I had one there. DO you have good Hospitals?
-----------------------------
Yes it has iron sleeve.
A few pictures from past:
http://nagi.ee/photos/vooteleaer/sets/16262/
and you see, that it was more evolution than revolution - I just wanted to have faster bike than competitors...
Wasn't whizzer a 4-stroke? If so, they are quite expensive to modify.
And yes, we do have good hospitals :D

Aw, whizzers aren't that expensive to modify...
Though I've not had the best of luck, others are reporting over 55 M.P.H. and no problems.
I LoVe what you are doing here.
Some people will not understand, but sometimes it's just the joy of seeing what can be done, just to see what it will do. Engineering, and tinkering, just for the joy of it...
Keep up the great work and posts!!!

Bump,
I know this is deep in the archives but I love this thread so much. Just have a look at what this guy has built, the russians really do make some amazing work. I was looking at the russian version of this website, and they have made homemade welders, milling machines and even compressors out of fridges!
This engine started off as a russian D engine, 1.2 bhp standard! this is what the chinese happy times originated from. Check out this video to appreciate how fast this thing really is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-F_RmRvGE

Fastboy

Last edited:
The bike is sold long time ago. the new owner adapted pitbike rear suspension to the frame and continues racing with it.
My new passion is electric bikes, currently I'm building 1.5kw electric pitbike with rear hub motor.
BTW I'm not Russian

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike is sold long time ago. the new owner adapted pitbike rear suspension to the frame and continues racing with it.
My new passion is electric bikes, currently I'm building 1.5kw electric pitbike with rear hub motor.
BTW I'm not Russian

oh right, sorry i just assumed! wow I bet an electric pit bike would be fun,

fastboy

Back