Sprocket screws in the way of the brake lever arm

aquielisunari

Local time
12:24 PM
The wheel of my bike can't spin freely because the brake lever arm hits the head of the bolts. Do you have a solution? I could get some kind of V brake for a 4" tire but that gets expensive. I could get some flatter bolts that use an allen wrench. Been looking but I haven't come across any. I am looking for a low cost or free solution. I've already put in about $1000 on this build so my budget is non-existent. LINKS are greatly appreciated.

bend the arm so it clears. that's something you run into with all coaster brake builds

That's what I tried first(my apologies for not mentioning that)but it won't bend at the right spot and I don't have a vice. Although I am still trying to get it to bend in the right spot. Thank you for the suggestion, and letting me know I'm not in this boat by myself or that I did something wrong. Glad this isn't a unique problem.

you don't need a proper vise, just vise grips will work. while holding the arm with vise grips, set the arm against something that isn't going anywhere, like a curb, a steel bumper, or a section of i-beam and start hammering away.

Back