sprocket sizes

Andrew1234

Local time
5:35 AM
what would be the best sprocket size for me right now I have a 44 tooth and i go up to 42 mph i only weigh about 130 pounds and there are lots of hills in my area do you think a 36 tooth would pull me and have some decent low end torque or should i get a 40 tooth or stay with what i have right now my engine right now makes about 4.5 horsepower

what would be the best sprocket size for me right now I have a 44 tooth and i go up to 42 mph i only weigh about 130 pounds and there are lots of hills in my area do you think a 36 tooth would pull me and have some decent low end torque or should i get a 40 tooth or stay with what i have right now my engine right now makes about 4.5 horsepower
If your running a Phantom 85, you could drop down to a 36 tooth no problem, if your running a normal China Girl motor, I would stay right where you are with all those hills to contend with....42 MPH is quite respectable.

Before considering upgrades to go faster, do you have the brakes to stop you coming down those hills?

The steeper the hill the greater the stopping distance will be compared to the same speed on level ground.

Back