Star Fire Gen II and Gen II-A availability

A question for Joel. As a recent buyer of your Chrome 48 Gen II , you know the Gen II clutch cover has slightly different mounting hole spacing dimensions. Are the rest of your motors the same? Because of this at this time one cannot use the Creative Engineering Improved Clutch Product until Jim makes one for this motor . You may be aware that he is also making a custom motor using some parts from the Chinese Motors ie: Cranks, Rods , Cylinders , Internal Gears. and a Special Custom Motor exclusively for the Schwinn Spoiler. I believe that your motors are built well and the Finish especially the Chrome versions are rather nice. I would consider using your motor for parts for the Custom Motor Jim is building for me but there is the nagging question as to whether the 66cc motors you sell are the same in dimensions as others. For example I would buy your Chrome Cylinder Model if it is interchangeable. My project is to create a magazine ready Schwinn Spoiler. I would hope you can contact Jim at Creative Engineering with any information you can provide. All those who are involved will be credited Thanks
Gene

What is the real difference between the Starfire and Skyhawk?

To be honest, I don't know all the details. My understanding is that there isn't much difference between them. I know they have a slightly larger model available (not in the US due to EPA regs), called the Super Rat. It's supposedly a 90cc motor but I don't know anything more.

A question for Joel. As a recent buyer of your Chrome 48 Gen II , you know the Gen II clutch cover has slightly different mounting hole spacing dimensions. Are the rest of your motors the same? Because of this at this time one cannot use the Creative Engineering Improved Clutch Product until Jim makes one for this motor . You may be aware that he is also making a custom motor using some parts from the Chinese Motors ie: Cranks, Rods , Cylinders , Internal Gears. and a Special Custom Motor exclusively for the Schwinn Spoiler. I believe that your motors are built well and the Finish especially the Chrome versions are rather nice. I would consider using your motor for parts for the Custom Motor Jim is building for me but there is the nagging question as to whether the 66cc motors you sell are the same in dimensions as others. For example I would buy your Chrome Cylinder Model if it is interchangeable. My project is to create a magazine ready Schwinn Spoiler. I would hope you can contact Jim at Creative Engineering with any information you can provide. All those who are involved will be credited Thanks
Gene

Yes, you're right. You're not the first person to bring this to my attention. At first glance they look identical, even holding two covers side by side. But just try and swap covers and I'll bet it either doesn't go on or you break something in the process. The chain cover is different as well, it will actually swap (with a tiny bit of effort, we thought it was just a mis-drilled hole) but it eventually failed miserably.

From what I can tell it is the Gen II that has the "oddball" covers. The GT4 seems to match up to the ones used by the other brands and the aftermarket accessories. I've got a busted PK-80 at the shop. I'll grab a spare Gen II and GT4 cover and see if they fit when I get back in town. That should tell me which one is "standard". I've already taken it apart to see if my GT4 cylinder kits will fit and they do. I'd be willing to bet the parts I have for the GT4 will work on most other similar sized motors, regardless of brand. I'll see if I can get some diagrams to the guys at Creative Engineering. I'm very good with Visio and my dad has used AutoCAD so I think between us we should be able to get them what they need.

That's great Joel! I would love to use your 66 cc Chromed Cylinder if available. And I am sure Jim will appreciate your info.
Gene

That's great Joel! I would love to use your 66 cc Chromed Cylinder if available. And I am sure Jim will appreciate your info.
Gene

Just to clarify, you'd need to get the entire chrome motor kit. I don't have any chrome cylinder kits, only standard finish ones.

Please point out those web sites for Grubbee China Gas Starfire gen II and gen IIA motors and kits
thanks

Back