Staton 24 speed Shifting with the engine and peddling

I'm hoping that kit will get to my house within two weeks. I'm a trucker and I get home then. If it doesn't arrive by Dec. 3rd. I won't be able to install the kit till the end of January some time. If I get the kit by Dec 3rd then I will install it the next day or so.

On the cost. Dave mentioned that Shimano shifter runs about $80. Thats true if you look online. It goes for 88 to way over 100.

Today he added the photo of the bike so that really gave me an idea how the parts fit on.

Here's something I can't figure out. Look at the photo's. I read this towards the bottom.

quote: The two lower holes on the back of the gear box need to be drilled and tapped with a 1/4-20. Be sure and check your gear box to see if the hole are drilled and tapped ? They could be just drilled, but not tapped or they may not be drilled thru. If they are drilled but not tapped you will need to buy a 1/4-20 tap.

I don't see the reason for this yet ?

quote: The two lower holes on the back of the gear box need to be drilled and tapped with a 1/4-20. Be sure and check your gear box to see if the hole are drilled and tapped ? They could be just drilled, but not tapped or they may not be drilled thru. If they are drilled but not tapped you will need to buy a 1/4-20 tap.
That appears to be for the new chain derailment mechanism that mounts on the opposite side of the gear assembly.
I have an inside drive and I may opt to lengthen the drive shaft off the gear box, fabricate an additional bearing housing, mount it all against the gear box, drop a chain to drive the pedal gears. Honestly....I want it, but don't need it. I get enough power out of the standard set up. Maybe for a winter project.

Back