Carby Stock Carb Question

Carl Walichnowski

Local time
4:13 AM
Ok my Grubee Skyhawk came with carb with the red cover. Being a Noob that's on a budget I thought I'd make a slight upgrade so I went and purchased the second carb that's a clone and that carb has been nothing but a headache from day one. Now I've read several times that the last carb pictured will work better then the stock carb that came with the bike and while it's still a basic carb it still performs well.
download (1).jpg
carb pic.jpg
download.jpg
So my question is has anyone used the 1st & 3rd carbs pictured (or just the 3rd carb) and if so does the one with the black cover perform better then the red one or atleast perform with no issues?? THX

The last carb you have there is the NT carb. That’s what comes on a lot of the kits. I use them on most of my builds and they work great. I have no issues with vacuum leaks or anything and they’re really easy/cheap to re-jet and experiment with... I just put a low pro air filter on mine and it runs like a champ!

The last carb you have there is the NT carb. That’s what comes on a lot of the kits. I use them on most of my builds and they work great. I have no issues with vacuum leaks or anything and they’re really easy/cheap to re-jet and experiment with... I just put a low pro air filter on mine and it runs like a champ!
Yea I heard the NT carb is better, not sure why Grubee would consider the one with the red cover as an improvement. Where'd you buy the low profile aie filter?

What would be the best jet to use on the nt carb for a 74cc stroker engine? 48mm bore x 41mm stroke. Will I need a different type of carb I was thinking of a 19mm delorto clone. Thanks

modded bikes usually take a lot of experimenting in the carb department

Someone said I need a reed valve. Is the rse or bikeberry one good? Probably gonna get the delorto clone carb. ACE didn't have all the bolts I needed but I got all the clutch cover bolts, the bottom case bolt and the magneto cover screws and they look way better than the chinese ones. I still have to get the magneto screws the 2 bolts below the cylinder and the front 2 bolts. I also think theres a few under the clutch I haven't gotten to. I'm still trying to take off the nut on the clutch but I can't keep the shaft from moving. Another joy: the puller tool had the wrong threads on the spindle part and stripped like crazy its unusable. I think the bolts I got are 304 stainless.

Ok my Grubee Skyhawk came with carb with the red cover. Being a Noob that's on a budget I thought I'd make a slight upgrade so I went and purchased the second carb that's a clone and that carb has been nothing but a headache from day one. Now I've read several times that the last carb pictured will work better then the stock carb that came with the bike and while it's still a basic carb it still performs well.
View attachment 81920 View attachment 81919 View attachment 81921So my question is has anyone used the 1st & 3rd carbs pictured (or just the 3rd carb) and if so does the one with the black cover perform better then the red one or atleast perform with no issues?? THX
The way I heard it, the red cover itself is the problem with #1, so maybe you can use the filter off #2 on carb #1. But the filter on #2 might be not as good as it looks. Worth a try though, if you can get it to fit. :)

Back