Straight bar board track racer

Frankfort MB's

Local time
5:28 AM
I was looking at making a new build after seeing this bad A looking bike.... I would have to run a front brake along with some wider tires and a laid back seat post and a ported polish and matched HT with an expansion chamber that drops out behind the seat :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    861 KB · Views: 872
  • image.png
    image.png
    809.1 KB · Views: 877
Some type of high performance head and a delarto carb (both mainly for looks);)
Might have a 3 speed coaster brake with a suicide shifter for looks as well lol

That tank is like the Columbia, just bolt together panels that look like a tank.
To make that a real tank is an expensive endeavor but rewarding.

2_1937doneRight-1280.jpg

2_1937doneLeftt-1280.jpg

1937doneLeftRearHigh.jpg

1937doneRightRearLow.jpg

I have a 5 page topic about how I did it here is want to have a look.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=812

That will give you a real example in detail of how to convert a fake tank into a real one.
It's a darn long read, but read it all before you start as it far harder and more expensive than you might think.

I'm getting mine done as we speak actually, I was just getting a "gas box" made inside of the original tank and it should be around the size of the stock kit gas tank but look 2 times as cool.... Could have and should have done what you did but since my bike has a perfect patina I doubt I could match that paint again so had to work with what I had.
My quote was at 50$ for a steel tank and 100$ for aluminum.... Not bad but that is with my friends and family discount :) hope it looks as good as yours

Thanks, I haven't thought much about a drum brake but they seem pretty expensive after a quick scan through the interweb
If I run a front brake I think I'll just stick with a rim brake, plenty enough stopping power
After all who needs brakes, they just slow you down lol;)
Jk they help a lot when your about to slam into a very large vehicle:)

Got me sum extra thick slime filled tubes under those vintage looking duro brick tires.... Had to get creme colored:D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 673
  • image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 683
Second bike was an the same bike with some fatty Frank's.... My bike has actually been converted from skip tooth to a regular chain from the research I've found. The guy I bought bike from was the 2nd owner (pretty neat for me lol) and he changed over the wheels off a 80's cruiser. He took the sprocket off an old 20in girls bike. Everything else is original other than what I've done to it.
I'm a younger guy but I like old bikes since nothing's made like it was used too. I think it's fun to see what you have exactly and what it's been through. Things this bike could tell if it could talk....

Back