Straight bar board track racer

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by Frankfort MB's, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I was looking at making a new build after seeing this bad A looking bike.... I would have to run a front brake along with some wider tires and a laid back seat post and a ported polish and matched HT with an expansion chamber that drops out behind the seat :)

Attached Files:

2. Frankfort MB's

Some type of high performance head and a delarto carb (both mainly for looks);)
    Might have a 3 speed coaster brake with a suicide shifter for looks as well lol

3. Frankfort MB's

I actually found the bike I was going to use and it was perfect right to the patina :)

Attached Files:

4. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

That tank is like the Columbia, just bolt together panels that look like a tank.
    To make that a real tank is an expensive endeavor but rewarding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a 5 page topic about how I did it here is want to have a look.
    http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=812

That will give you a real example in detail of how to convert a fake tank into a real one.
    It's a darn long read, but read it all before you start as it far harder and more expensive than you might think.

5. Frankfort MB's

I'm getting mine done as we speak actually, I was just getting a "gas box" made inside of the original tank and it should be around the size of the stock kit gas tank but look 2 times as cool.... Could have and should have done what you did but since my bike has a perfect patina I doubt I could match that paint again so had to work with what I had.
    My quote was at 50$ for a steel tank and 100$ for aluminum.... Not bad but that is with my friends and family discount :) hope it looks as good as yours

6. Frankfort MB's

Thinking of a front disc brake but I don't think it looks that good on such an old bike

Attached Files:

7. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

You picked a great looking bike to start with., look into a front drum brake they work great and have the look.

8. Frankfort MB's

Thanks, I haven't thought much about a drum brake but they seem pretty expensive after a quick scan through the interweb
    If I run a front brake I think I'll just stick with a rim brake, plenty enough stopping power
    After all who needs brakes, they just slow you down lol;)
    Jk they help a lot when your about to slam into a very large vehicle:)

9. Frankfort MB's

Got me sum extra thick slime filled tubes under those vintage looking duro brick tires.... Had to get creme colored:D

Attached Files:

10. Frankfort MB's

Second bike was an the same bike with some fatty Frank's.... My bike has actually been converted from skip tooth to a regular chain from the research I've found. The guy I bought bike from was the 2nd owner (pretty neat for me lol) and he changed over the wheels off a 80's cruiser. He took the sprocket off an old 20in girls bike. Everything else is original other than what I've done to it.
    I'm a younger guy but I like old bikes since nothing's made like it was used too. I think it's fun to see what you have exactly and what it's been through. Things this bike could tell if it could talk....

11. Frankfort MB's

Test fit!!! Looks great with that head

Attached Files:

12. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

The newness look of the cream tires really clashes with the old look of the bike. I absolutely love the look of that bike but I think black tires would suit it better. Maybe when the cream ones get dirtied up a bit it won't be so bad to my eye lol. Just my opinion. Got any updated pics? I saw you had a Skyhawk engine on it in another thread.

13. Frankfort MB's

This gives you an idea what black tires look like. I like the cream tires, different lol

Bike runs great and looks even better:)

Attached Files:

14. Hello Moto!

Oh man but that black tire just blends into the frame so well! That thing is awesome dude.

15. Frankfort MB's

Thanks! Very VERY expensive build compared to my others :D

Bike rides great but is very touchy... Bout wreaked when i was waving to the neighbors

16. Frankfort MB's

I've had several people interested in buying it... I've got to drive it a little before I think about selling it.....
    Besides I would have to get too much out of it to make money or even brake even.

How much would you think it's worth after I get everything finished. Your not going to hurt my feelings... I will sell anything for the right price, so that means that I get a lot of people that don't know what stuff is bringing.

17. Hello Moto!

I wouldn't sell it dude. Too unique. If you want to sell it, I'd build a different one and sell that lol. How often are you gonna come across a bike like that! Around my area antique bikes are pretty rare. You'll see one occasionally out in the country where a farmers wife has it sittin in the yard with some flowers planted in the basket lol.

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  18. Frankfort MB's

My dad has this truck that's definitely one of a kind but it's still for sale. You can never have the same thing twice I know that. That's why I want to have 2x as much, I can't have 2x as much without selling my toy to build a bigger and better toy:)

Attached Files:

19. Frankfort MB's

I had too pay 250$ just for the bike.... Payed way too much for it but it was perfect, with the perfect story

20. Hello Moto!

I hear ya. I'd still keep it lol but I'd surely get out what you put in. That's one hell of a truck by the way.