Exhaust Suggestions for loose exhaust studs/bolts

Before I use the cotter pin idea, im going to Loctite the **** out of all these parts. I just removed the muffler and applied a good amount of loctite. I also loctite the nuts that fasten the muffler to the head along with Loctite in the cylinder head.

I would chuck that muffler and get an expansion chamber, but that's just me.

Last edited:
You know its funny that you mentioned that. I have a sick bike parts expansion chamber but I have to get some new copper couplings and elbow. I had a difficult time mounting it onto my bike the last time. I might just give it a try If this doesn't work.

Strontium,
Have you considered going electric or a more reliable gas engine system? It seems like you've been having a lot of issues with HT engines and spend more time fixing and posting then riding.

You want to keep the engine's head temperature between 225 and 250 deg F. Other parts of the engine such as the exhaust are probably much hotter.

I use loctite and nylon fastening nuts on my exhaust. The nylon melts and holds the bolt just fine. I, of course, double nut almost every stud.

Last edited:
Yes I considered it. But I have a lot of fun with them = ). I like to figure out and solve problems, I don't mind it. Every time I make a build, I get less and less problems, so I feel better. I plan to get a four stroke engine soon. But I don't really have the money for it, and I like the 2 strokes better. Playing with these engines really increases my mechanical aptitude. I'm only 17 so its cool.

Today I just installed the SBP Expansion chamber I had laying around that I forgot about. Performance increase was excellent. Its better than that stock exhaust. I cant believe i forgot about it. lol. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

loose exhaust

I just Got some nylock nuts some new m6 thread. And made an exhaust support out of some thick wire i found in my shed.

Back