Sunlite single spring fork quality??

Telescopic forks (real ones not some Zoom PoS) are light years ahead technically; but it's quite rare to find good ones with the 1" steerer standard.

If it doesn't need to be a springer fork then check this one out: https://m.ebay.com/itm/SunTour-Fork...631199&hash=item56a1b0001a:g:GAwAAOSwfjRaHHCW
s-l400.jpg

Its not an oil/gas fork like mine but is still better than a springer. Has 100mm of travel. Looks like no tabs for a disc brake though. Shop around, find what fits your needs.

I would agree with Furry and Dan on this. I know you want a special look, but their are times when form should take a second seat to function.

Jeff Do you want the "springer" look? Or just a suspension? Orrrrr if you're like me the cheapest deal i can steal. Haha. Just remember cheap and safe dont go together, If youre on a budget just buy what you can afford. Theres a bike guy at my local flea market that sells that same sunlite single springer in package for $25... I always double take and looky-loo at it cuz of the price,but i gotta tell you. It feels like its made of tin. Sure it probably gets a bit more stable once installed, but i would not risk using it. Unlesss desperate for a suspension.

Just replaced this. For this. $80 delivered. Ebay. Fits most beach cruisers. 1" threaded tube.

Attachments

• 20180105_124640.jpg
    20180105_124640.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 20180105_124648.jpg
    20180105_124648.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 195
So, here's what I'm working with. The first picture is what I have so far. The second is what I was originally going for (yes, the infamous Derringer). The third is a custom BMW motorcycle that I like. The tank I ordered ended up being taller than the derringer tank and looks bulkier. I think I could style my bike off the BMW. It just comes down to the fork. The double spring fork and the MTB fork wont work for the Derringer, but they will for the BMW. Reading over this thread last night got me thinking. If I do the BMW style the double spring or a duel crown MTB fork would work well.

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 156
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Ironwood-Customs-BMW-Deathstar.jpg
    Ironwood-Customs-BMW-Deathstar.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 163
Regarding the repo Chinese Girder fork I fell in love with. Could be a fatal attraction, the side links bothered me for good reason. They are not parallel. Here is a link "A Brief History of Girder Forks "
https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-motorcycle-repair/brief-history-of-girder-forks
I was equally bothered by the same thing, I couldn't see the overall ride length remaining the same during compression with the girders not being parallel. I've dealt with a suspension that reduces length when compressed, it's much better than twist under turns. Just make sure your wheel doesn't rub the exhaust or your frame's downtube, that's made me wreck before...

Back