Suppliers for motors and parts recommendations, please!

bunnyman666

Local time
6:54 PM
Morning, all!

After getting a frame from the Berry with a bent mech hanger, I am getting the impression that they may not be the best outlet. After all, the satisfaction of a low price goes away with the frustration of poor products and customer service.

After reading enough, it seems that I should run away, FAR away from these guys when it comes to motors and such. The cranks and BB that I had just ordered should be fine (haven’t received yet). In fact, I have rarely had drivetrain parts for pedal bikes be wonky as most of the factories that supply these parts private label to way too many people. But I am getting the distinct impression that motors don’t share this trait.

So, after this long dissertation, who should I get my motor and related parts from? Who gives the best bang for the buck? Thanks in advance.

So, after this long dissertation, who should I get my motor and related parts from? Who gives the best bang for the buck? Thanks in advance.
I use these guys myself...6 month warranty on the zeda 80 engine kit and good, responsive, proactive customer service.

In some fairness to the "Dingleberrys" i have ordered accessories such as mag wheels, small parts, etc. and have not had a problem with them in that respect from them...Sick bike parts are pretty good as well.

Read our Dealer Reviews here.

Others will chime in as well...DAMIEN

Last edited:
@DAMIEN1307 I appreciate the link. I was peripherally in the bike business for a bit back about 15 years back. The Berry is a relatively new phenomenon, but not much different than many of these importers of Far East bicycle goods past and present. What I have noticed that they likely don’t reject much. With the bent mech hanger, it’s not a huge deal breaker unless this was going to be a shifter bike; even if I change my mind, I have a workaround. Back to the matter at hand: I definitely don’t have the time to monkey with companies that don’t stand behind their stuff. Can’t wait to see all the answers. This is a very active forum with knowledgeable members.

@DAMIEN1307 I appreciate the link. I was peripherally in the bike business for a bit back about 15 years back. The Berry is a relatively new phenomenon, but not much different than many of these importers of Far East bicycle goods past and present. What I have noticed that they likely don’t reject much. With the bent mech hanger, it’s not a huge deal breaker unless this was going to be a shifter bike; even if I change my mind, I have a workaround. Back to the matter at hand: I definitely don’t have the time to monkey with companies that don’t stand behind their stuff. Can’t wait to see all the answers. This is a very active forum with knowledgeable members.
It figures that i forgot to insert the website of the folks i order from when it comes to motors...lol...I have CRS...lol...I have since corrected that omission in my 1st post to this thread...lol...DAMIEN

It figures that i forgot to insert the site of the folks i order from when it comes to motors...lol...I have CRS...lol...I have since corrected that omission in my post...lol...DAMIEN
I appreciate you adding the link; the link I liked was the retailer review post. But hey- more info, more better! Thank you! I will check out Zeda.

There are different suppliers for CDH...Im sure not all are as good as others...Who is the best supplier to deal with when it comes to CDH or BGF ???...DAMIEN
Buy from cdh. No sticker, its not a cdh. All of their products have cdh on em. There is a don something or other selling cdh on amazon and ebay, idk if they are affiliated, but they have the cdh sticker. I prefer to deal with cdh directly though. Cdh and Bgf are about even in my book. Ive just dealt with cdh more, because i can get almost everything i want in a single kit purchase over buying this and that.

I appreciate the recommendations. Would I still need to rebuild the engines that I buy from the U.S.-based/owned businesses or would they be going through these before selling them? I know some guys who sell these engines go through them and charge for the privilege, not that I mind if someone takes that work away from my to do list on getting one up and running. Though my small engine repair/maintenance is in the infant stage, I can easily follow instructions as I do have the mechanical aptitude. There just seems to be a wide variety between “ready to roll” and “needs nechanical prep” if you catch my drift. I think the jackshaft kit from Sick Bikes is on my list to buy and I will do the Sidewinder Jerry freewheel.

Would I still need to rebuild the engines that I buy from the U.S.-based/owned businesses or would they be going through these before selling them?
I know that bicycle-engines.com, where i get my Zeda 80s from does not do so, but i have never had to take one apart either...Mine just run really great right from the start...Even though they are made in China as well as all the other brands, they appear to be made to a somewhat higher standard than the usual, run of the mill, PK80s and GT5s...When i built my present bike, it went right up to 47 MPH right out of the gate...900 + miles on it right now and havent had to do any fiddling with it...What more can i say, im pretty happy with it...DAMIEN

Heres a technical comparison manual along with the installation manual for the Zeda 80 so you can take a look see, of what convinced me to buy this vs all the others.

Attachments

• Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 208
  • FireStorm-PK80-Installation.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 205
Back