Thatsdax Titan XC 50cc

Not sure why it Didn't show, i was refering to the weld on the output sprocket in the pictures posted.

Vendor bashing? Huh?
Which vendor? Harley Davidson? Puh-leeeze! Other than that, I've seen no name calling here.

People are WAY TOO SENSITIVE!

Nothing at all wrong with someone pointing out why they think their product is better than another....or maybe you don't watch TV?

Just my $0.02....vendors can say anything they want...as long as we have freedom of speech on the forums, the community will govern itself.

Mark

What are the transmission ratios from engine to jack shaft and from jack shaft to final sprocket ?.I looked around in the thatsdax site but could not find out anything about the existence of the mounting plate, the jackshaft or the sprockets involved except for the final one,at least not in the installation instructions posted there.Odd to say the least,JJ

PTO is 5:1. and has a 10t driver. The Jackshaft has a pair of 10t drivers and the standard final driven sprocket on the wheel is a 44t. This all works out to 22:1 total reduction if you keep the original sprocket. I am planning on using a 40t when I get mine for total reduction of 20:1. I looked and searched for the gear ratios but Dax doesn't list them anywhere on the site. I had to pour over a TON of posts here on MBc before I found the info. But there you have it. I saved you the trouble ;)

Thank you,Vyzhion for the info.So there is an 5:1 internal reduction,and dual chains,the first one a 1 to 1 transfer to the jack shaft,the second 4.4:1 to the rear wheel.These chains must lead a rough life with these tiny sprockets and only periodic lubrication.I can't fathom why the Dax people don't post better info on their web site,like specs & descriptive material,or a FAQ data base.Probably they want people to call them,so that they'll fall for their irresistable sales pitch.

I beg to differ. I'm using bicycle chain and is approaching 700 miles with no signs of wear.
And what's wrong with the numbers?
I find absolutely nothing wrong with my carrier assembly.
It's pretty solid.
Even when roaring down a big hill with the engine off and the gear box is spinning all I hear is a little whirl.
Dude,believe me. I'll be the first one here to tell everyone if anything on my bike kit has failed. And so far my extra long throttle cable failed me due to my daughter and it's since been fixed.
That's it.
I trust my kit to take me far away from home.
And I really have no worries.
If you want the numbers up on Dax's site then contact him and ask him.
All I really care about all this is that this kit works well for me.

(sorry folks and especially you,duivendyk cause I think you mean well but this just strikes a nerve,and even the fact that's it's bothering me is bothering me!)

Let's say I have a chain failure on either side whether it's the small link or the drive side. On my keychain is a few links of BMX chain enough to make a small bracelet. In my tool pouch is a Wal Mart chain breaker.
Fixed and done on the side of the road.
The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great,your chains show no obvious signs of wear yet,after all of 700 miles,and you are prepared for a catastrophic eventuality.I am pretty sure they are not likely to break any time soon,you can allways adjust them and the sprocket design is such that they are not likely to malfunction.I was merely pointing out, that unnecessarily using such small sprockets in the primary drive is just not good engineering practice,Both the flexing angle between links on the sprocket and the chain tension are inversely proportional to the sprocket diameter,so chain and concomitant sprocket wear go up rapidly as it's size is reduced.Putting a new chain on worn sprockets causes rapid chain wear,you have to replace both.If the chain had been running in oil it would be a totally different matter of course.They just about last forever.
As far as the frustrating lack of info on the Dax site is concerned,possibly they are short staffed,even so, don't they realize that this is how they present themselves to their potential clientele ?, it's a no brainer really. As far as I am concerned they should present pertinent information on their own accord.I am not the first person who has expressed frustration with this lack of info.I am glad you like the Titan kit and have confidence in it,I had to settle on the Staton/NuVinci setup because of the steep hills around here,it works fine,but is heavy and pretty expensive,a 2 speed Titan had it existed would be just the ticket,lighter,probably a lot cheaper,easier to install and live with and with your 21 speed drive still intact.

Back