The origins of the engine

Greggl432

Local time
3:23 PM
Do these engines that come from the bicycle engine kit originate from a lawn mower engine, or a weed Wacker engine, or did someone design it to be specifically for fitment onto most bikes?

These,

are these the ones called chinadoll?

and didn't these revive the hobby of motorized bikes?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-04 4.19.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 4.19.53 PM.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 11
Do these engines that come from the bicycle engine kit originate from a lawn mower engine, or a weed Wacker engine, or did someone design it to be specifically for fitment onto most bikes?
China cheaply copied a Russian moped engine

Notice they talked about a high voltage transformer to operate the lights that created no problems for the induction coil
Meaning the engine could run lights and it didn't weaken the spark

Did you mean "ruin" the lights, or "run" the lights???
I would like to know more about their high voltage transformer
The first model Riga 11 didn't have it and running the lights off the engine weakened the spark
But the second model Riga 13 had the high voltage transformer and didn't weaken the spark

Maybe I'll do some research later to see if I can find out what their High Voltage Transformer exactly was and how it was wired
But for now I gotta go out for a bit I'll be back in a few hrs

A good thread on this topic.

A build thread using a D series engine. Thread 'Russian engines' https://motoredbikes.com/threads/russian-engines.3881/

While I agree with the changes in design, mostly due to the fact that it cut costs, these engines did lose some charm. Did gain a good bit of power though.

If only the cut cost went right back into quality control...

Back