This bike for build? Or?

rettus1

Local time
4:28 PM
Hey guys. New to the forum. This will be my 3rd build and this time I really want to do it right. My engine and everything is in the mail. I got ever after market part I could to go with it and I intend to have the intake and everything matched. The only thing I need is a bike to mount it on. I was going to get a Huffy Nel Lusso but I definitely don't like coaster brakes and I would have to add a front brake to it. So this is the one I'm thinking about now www.walmart.com/ip/29-Schwinn-Low-Glide-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Dark-Red/37370371. Do you think the engine and everything would fit in there? Or do you have recommendation on another bike? I'm definitely open to suggestions. I'm willing to spend up to like $225 or so but of course cheaper is always better. Everything is in the mail so I have to get a bike quick! Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
A two stroke would probably fit, but might be a little tight. A four stroke I'd say probably not. You didn't mention which you had ordered. I always recommend some type of front suspension because it makes the ride smoother and more comfortable. I'm curious as to why you felt you needed to have "every aftermarket part you could get", because not every aftermarket part is going to enhance performance or do what it's supposed to do and you didn't list anything specific in that department. I also feel its better to see how an engine performs stock, broken in and tuned properly before upgrading. Seems like you're rushing into it a bit, and that's not the way to do it right. I'm working on a custom build that's taken me a year already, and the only aftermarket parts I'm using are a different carb and muffler for a 79cc predator (four stroke, non kit). Though there are some performance parts available, I'm waiting until I've actually ridden it to make any other decisions.

Also, if you're willing to spend up to $225, you can probably find a vintage American made frame on eBay for Craigslist for that price or less. Just gotta look around more.

Well heres the list of what Ive ordered:
Chainring - Freewheel - 36 Tooth (SBP-CR036)
Chain Guard 36 tooth (SBP-FWCG036)
Mirror (SBP-RVM01)
Engine Hardware Kit (SBP-EH020)
CDI - LIGHTNING HIGH POWER CDI (SBP-CDI-01)
MixMizer (SBP-MIX01)
Spring Chain Tensioner
66/80cc Top End Gasket Set Bicycle Engine Kit Replacement Part Motorized Bike
BBR Tuning Torquer Up Exhaust Pipe Expansion Chamber Muffler
Combo Brake and Clutch Lever Bicycle Engine Kit Replacement Motorized Bike
Mega Motors 66/80cc Black Angle Fire Bicycle Engine Kit - 2 Stroke
Signswise Red Racin Carburetor Fits 80cc 2 Stroke Engine Motorized Bicycle
M-Wave Steel Double Leg Side Bicycle Kickstand
Sunlite Speedometer
Bicycle Motorized Bike Friction generator Dynamo Headlight Tail Light 6V 3W
NGK (4085) BPR6HIX Iridium IX Spark Plug, Pack of 1

Ive done quite a bit of research and I had the bike picked out until I just rode it. So now Im trying to figure that out....

Also, any other suggestions on items I should get?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That friction generator is a good choice, you can use it to charge a sealed battery but you will need a 4 pin scooter rectifier to go with it.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Some of the huffy's aren't so bad, but why didn't you check eBay for an American frame? The nel lusso is not one of the better huffy's because the welds holding the luggage rack tend to be sloppy and break from the vibration.

I just really like the bike. I seen one built on it about a month ago and its what inspired me to build a new one

I could just return it to walmart once it arrives, what exactly would you recommend? Id like it to look nice as well. The engine kit and exhaust I ordered is black, thought it would go well with the nel lusso.

Back