This is WAR!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was on a ride (motorized)

3 "roadies" were coming at me. As we passed I gave them a smile and a wave that couldn't be missed. They literally glared at me. Gargoyle faces carved in stone.

You know, these same three would probably be perfectly polite to a stranger who gave a friendly greeting while, say, walking down the street.

But in this context they seemed to feel that it was perfectly allright to show their displeasure with me over what I choose to ride. They seemed to think that it was all right to even feel this displeasure.

They couldn't have said it more clearly: "You are NOT one of us!"

I wonder if they have the brains to know that anyone who has matured beyond grade school wouldn't want to be?

Still, I'll count my blessings. There aren't many of those types around here.

i overall think its sad that someone cares that much to ** and moan all about it.

I havent ridden too much (new to the hobby/lifestyle) that i've seen many other bicyclists, maybe a few going the opposite way which didnt care that my bike had a motor on it.

I get the most **** from my friends with harleys honestly.. "why do you want that? you got a harley!!" they dont understand my love of ANYTHING i can ride with a motor. however, my friends that have sportbikes think MB's are cool, they wouldnt rock one, but they think my ride is pretty cool and that works for me. i do own a harley and a pedal powered mountain bike as well.

its not that im lazy that i cant just ride my bike, but i have to wear a suit for my job, and arriving to work sweaty at 6am isnt an acceptable thing. shoot, id drive a tractor to work if it were street legal. haha.

They commented on the guy that posted in the bikeforums thread about his belly fillin out his shirt and he SHOULD pedal.. well. here in Milwaukee i've seen my share of fat ---- in spandex on their roadbikes and it aint pretty. picture Chris Farley in spandex bent over a tiny seat.:cry:

people today cant mind their own business

Last edited:
I didn't think I was ****ing and moaning about it. My feelings on the matter were closer to amusement.

In either case, my feelings about it weren't too strong. Those 3 meant nothing to me.

And I even realized that the story had little real meaning. Everyone here has been through something like it.

It was an anecdote, nothing more.

This is war?

I have five bikes, one of them has a 65cc motor on it. Since I live in the burbs and I don't have a car it make a lot of sense for me to ride my motorbike to the places I need to go. Its cheep to run even, though I have had to replace all of my original motor kit I bought last year.
I still ride my fixed gear bike downstairs on the rollers every night before I get to bed (I will do this after I log off) and I don't see much of a conflict if you don't want there to be. If I ride on the bike paths and I see somebody with a dog or a crowd I turn the motor off and go into "stealth" mode. That is the neat thing about these things, you don't need to be in conflict if you don't want to.

Mike Frye :the bike guy:D

I didn't think I was ****ing and moaning about it. My feelings on the matter were closer to amusement.

In either case, my feelings about it weren't too strong. Those 3 meant nothing to me.

And I even realized that the story had little real meaning. Everyone here has been through something like it.

It was an anecdote, nothing more.

haha NO! i didnt mean you! i meant the guy on the other forum!

They commented on the guy that posted in the bikeforums thread about his belly fillin out his shirt and he SHOULD pedal.. well. here in Milwaukee i've seen my share of fat ---- in spandex on their roadbikes and it aint pretty. picture Chris Farley in spandex bent over a tiny seat.:cry:

people today cant mind their own business

That was such a **** move on thier part. Physical fitness is a personal choice, just like everything else. I mean if you want to make yourself into lance armstrong, great, but don't tell me I have to devote my time and energy to that. There are a million ways to self improve- you can work out, you can become more religious/spiritual, you can try to be nicer, you can take classes and work on educating yourself, you can work on your career, etc... All are valid, and you can't really do all at once. What you take on is your own **** choice.

And personally, I'd rather see the guy who said that work on reducing the size of the ***hole in his brain then the guy with the MB reduce the size of his belly. I mean which does the world more harm, someone who isn't ripped and might hav afew more health problems, or someone who goes around making people feel like **** about their bodies?

And personally, I'd rather see the guy who said that work on reducing the size of the ***hole in his brain then the guy with the MB reduce the size of his belly. I mean which does the world more harm, someone who isn't ripped and might hav afew more health problems, or someone who goes around making people feel like **** about their bodies?

I agree, i'd rather be fat and happy than a totally fit ******bag.:helmet:

You know the funny part?
A lot of these post are sounding just like there's!!!
who cares what some random internet people think about what you do to your bike!!! Do what makes YOU happy...
It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed!!!!! SO GET OUT THE TORCH AND CHOP UP SOME BIKES!!!! AND MAKE SURE THERE ANTIQUES!!!
and when your done defiling the sacred bicycle strap on a motor mix it rich so it smokes more than I do head down to McDonalds and get a super sized double dookie, but make it a diet coke don't want to get too big!

Last edited:
You know the funny part?
A lot of these post are sounding just like there's!!!
who cares what some random internet people think about what you do to your bike!!! Do what makes YOU happy...
It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed!!!!! SO GET OUT THE TORCH AND CHOP UP SOME BIKES!!!! AND MAKE SURE THERE ANTIQUES!!!
and when your done defiling the sacred bicycle strap on a motor mix it rich so it smokes more than I do head down to McDonalds and get a super sized double dookie, but make it a diet coke don't want to get too big!

hah.

i appreciate 'normal' bicycles as much as i appreciate motored bikes as much as i appreciate motorcycles

i just dont get why narrow minded people care so much. i think though the internet makes it worse, it just gives everyone who might not say anything some courage to make them selfs feel bigger than someone else buy e-slamming them!

Back