tipsy geometry problems

I haven't posted in a while so I thought its time for an update.

The rear brakes are back in action. It barely clears the GEBE "strap", but it never rubs according to the chalk i put on it.

I got a cone wrench and tightened things up in the back. Alas, I can't really try it out.

I've tried to start it several times since my last run but no luck. Trying in 10F weather was just for exercise :rolleyes:. The gas actually froze in the line. It was 40F a few days ago and i got it to sputter and cough, but no starts. More choke, more sputter.... more tugging.. and my arm gives out. Somehow I used half a tank of gas doing this (4oz?). To me this means its lean for the cold weather, but i really don't want to take that silly throttle cable assembly and needle thing apart anymore. I'm still somewhat regretting using a pocket bike engine. The sweet high pitched roar of how every many horsee-powers keeps me tugging away.

I dumped my now month or two old gas mix in the car. Now my car exhaust smells like 2 stroke. I must have the low smoke, high smell oil :unsure:

The brazing on the exhaust joint broke loose somehow. I guess I need to sneak it into a lab or shop and hit it with a MIG real quick. That U shaped bend right out of the engine gets pretty darn hot.

Does anybody have some ideas for a gas tank? I might have pictures of my current setup in another thread. My 8 oz chainsaw tank is pretty nice, but its not enough gas for this thing. Something like a 2 liter pop bottle turned sideways would be great.

I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 2. I haven't really known anything else. I've had a pump since 2004 and it has made things like traveling or a random off schedule day much easier to handle. :cool:

Another update:

The XR-75 is pretty much back to being a frame and a pile of parts. I was riding it around in the snow and somehow got something stuck in my rear spokes. I was going down hill pretty fast, and on the way down, the rim got torn up, the rear brakes bent, and the derailer is iffy. :whistle: It was a fun slide downhill though! I didn't have any of the engine stuff mounted.

I'm not sure what I want to do with it now. i need yet another rear rim. I might go with a 24 inch to make some room in the back and to ease up on the gear ratio. The GEBE is getting to be a major pain to work on. In order to get the wheel lined, up the wheel nuts are loose. those also hold the motor bracket on. So basically it takes a person to hold the bike up, a person to hold the engine, and a third person to get the wheel aligned.

I have an XR-250, but the GEBE ring doesn't fit at all on it. The spoke pattern is wrong and it wouldn't clear even if it did clip on.

Back