turn signal idea

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by greenevegiebeast, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

good idea but it looks as though the elements might be hard on it.

2. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

its possible,

you would have to fab a mounting box to protect them and then make your own switch to control the arrows, these projects are always fun tinkering with but end up always costing more than you expect ( for me anyways). I just got my 12 volt system working, all i have to do now is get everything put on the bike.

3. I was thinking two cheep water proofed project boxes. with a singel battery. and two momentary switches.

4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Green Ive seen on alot of sites a lil silver tail light with 2 arrows on the unit also for turn signals, at night it looks like it would work fine. Not too expensive either.

5. liamo79

liamo79 New Member

I need help with turn signals
    how to wire this dop 3 x flasher
    I have no idea, WP_20150223_001.jpg
    I really need instructions for dummies thanks

6. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

liamo im doin my flasher relays right now its pretty simple red (B+) goes to power black (E-) goes to ground then the green (L) goes to power on the bulb while the ground on the bulb is chassi ground or battery ground or tap it to the black wire on the flasher unit.

B+: battery +
    E- : earth/ground
    L: load / power from the bulbs u want to fash

if ur using a switch wich im sure u are the red wire from the flasher goes to the power on the switch.

i hope i helped u out. i know electronics can be confusing. just lemme know how it works out.

7. liamo79

liamo79 New Member

Thanks any chance of a diagram or pictures?

8. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

Can u post a pic or a model number or a site for ur switch. That would help me out a lot in giving a more detailed run through. If I gt to I can draw up a "dummy drawing". No offense, that's just my dad echoing in my head. Lol. A joke when I ask for a diagram for anything.

9. liamo79

liamo79 New Member

10. josheesley90

josheesley90 Member

i know this might not be what u wanna here but i know 3 people who have used that switch. and every one was wired different. 2 had the same color wires but on each one they went to different things. that just goes to show you how much time was put in over in china to be shipped here. but the good news is u can find which is which by using a multi meter and checking for continuity. i know it sounds difficult but it really isn't that hard as long as you have a multi meter. if not u can get em at harbor freight for like 5 bucks. this is the same one im using on my buddy's bike a.jpg because he went with that same 1 for a scooter. its best to spend the extra 15 bucks on ones for a dirt-bike street legal conversion kit like this 1 i have on my bike 415UgceayyL._SX425_.jpg can u take a pic of the wire on ur unit and maybe i can find some kinda similarities and maybe at least find some of the wires for you

11. liamo79

liamo79 New Member

I know the wires, on switch , top white,green,blue
    Beam is yellow,red

Horn is black and brown

So for turn left its green and white, right is green and blue