Turning an ebay CNC 12cc head into a 7cc powerhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man , I hear and feel what you are saying about your creative process , and I'm sure many of us would never throw shade on your fabrication skills . That being said , the motor and tuning stuff is a whole other thing , processes need to be done in a more left brained way . I have been using these rooms for nearly 4 years and I have never seen street riderz give any advice that wasn't based in proven past results.. I don't think to target you , just pointing out some practices are done for a reason ... Because they work .
With his advise that may very well be. however thats only knowledge from his experiences based off his work. which is fine but that advise is not always 100%.

My motor is built completly different than his motor they are 2 different beasts. What works for one doesnt always work for others.

The thought process is this is how it needs to be done. When really it can be done other ways aswell and I have proven this a few times. Being open minded and doing things out of the ordinary is what creates new mods and inovation.

The knowledge im sharing with members is how to make your motor fast and your bike look good by doing it yourself and costing half as much. You dont have to buy performance. When you can create it yourself

With his advise that may very well be. however thats only knowledge from his experiences based off his work. which is fine but that advise is not always 100%.

My motor is built completly different than his motor they are 2 different beasts. What works for one doesnt always work for others.

The thought process is this is how it needs to be done. When really it can be done other ways aswell and I have proven this a few times. Being open minded and doing things out of the ordinary is what creates new mods and inovation.

The knowledge im sharing with members is how to make your motor fast and your bike look good by doing it yourself and costing half as much. You dont have to buy performance. When you can create it yourself
My experience comes from being an actual certified small engine mechanic and over 40 years of working with all types of engines! 20 plus years now of working with these engines and hundreds of customer builds with no complaints, the things I share come not only from my but many of the worlds top engine builders experience and practices.
A two stroke is a two stroke and everything that you can possibly think of has been done in the hundred plus years of people trying different things, and the manufactures that spend big money doing proper research and development!
I like to help people reach their goals and expectations when building and setting up engines, you can take my advise or leave it doesn't matter to me, I know that there are always others that will read it and make good use of my inputs as I get messaged and thanked quite often!

“What works for one motor may not work for another”. This may be true to a certain extent, but the only way to know how much you have increased compression is to measure it before and after making this modification. Since you didn’t measure the compression before you started, you will never know how much you increased it by. So if others want to know what to do to increase compression by X value, this post will not be helpful to them. The only way you have so far of measuring any performance gains is by the speed clock at the end of your street. You should know that those aren’t 100% accurate, nor is speed alone an empirical measurement of performance increase. If you went 5mph faster today, and your motor blew up next week, then obviously you did something wrong, and without empirical data, you won’t know what that was, and neither will the rest of us. This is what is meant by saying your posts aren’t helpful, because you aren’t providing empirical data to prove any performance gains. And innovators provide empirical data to prove their sh*t works. Without it, you’re just a guy screwing around in his garage. Now, if you notice performance gains that are obvious to you, and that’s all that matters to you, that’s all fine and well, but that’s not helpful to anyone else without empirical data to back it up. And it’s already proven that lowering the squish band will increase compression. There are even formulas to calculate by how much, and tools to measure the increase, so what you’re doing is not new or innovative. You’re just not using the formulas or tools to provide the empirical data.

“What works for one motor may not work for another”. This may be true to a certain extent, but the only way to know how much you have increased compression is to measure it before and after making this modification. Since you didn’t measure the compression before you started, you will never know how much you increased it by. So if others want to know what to do to increase compression by X value, this post will not be helpful to them. The only way you have so far of measuring any performance gains is by the speed clock at the end of your street. You should know that those aren’t 100% accurate, nor is speed alone an empirical measurement of performance increase. If you went 5mph faster today, and your motor blew up next week, then obviously you did something wrong, and without empirical data, you won’t know what that was, and neither will the rest of us. This is what is meant by saying your posts aren’t helpful, because you aren’t providing empirical data to prove any performance gains. And innovators provide empirical data to prove their sh*t works. Without it, you’re just a guy screwing around in his garage. Now, if you notice performance gains that are obvious to you, and that’s all that matters to you, that’s all fine and well, but that’s not helpful to anyone else without empirical data to back it up. And it’s already proven that lowering the squish band will increase compression. There are even formulas to calculate by how much, and tools to measure the increase, so what you’re doing is not new or innovative. You’re just not using the formulas or tools to provide the empirical
It might not be helpful to someone who wants to know the exact PSI that it increased in pressure but one can clearly see that the more you shave off the more compression you're going to get not lose it only goes one way so yes I increased pressure and I increased the top end speed of my bike so yes it does work and it is helpful if somebody wants to know the exact amount they can buy a compression tester

It might not be helpful to someone who wants to know the exact PSI that it increased in pressure but one can clearly see that the more you shave off the more compression you're going to get not lose it only goes one way so yes I increased pressure and I increased the top end speed of my bike so yes it does work and it is helpful if somebody wants to know the exact amount they can buy a compression tester
And I am just a guy screwing around in my garage and that guy will do things and find things and build things that most could never think of

“What works for one motor may not work for another”. This may be true to a certain extent, but the only way to know how much you have increased compression is to measure it before and after making this modification. Since you didn’t measure the compression before you started, you will never know how much you increased it by. So if others want to know what to do to increase compression by X value, this post will not be helpful to them. The only way you have so far of measuring any performance gains is by the speed clock at the end of your street. You should know that those aren’t 100% accurate, nor is speed alone an empirical measurement of performance increase. If you went 5mph faster today, and your motor blew up next week, then obviously you did something wrong, and without empirical data, you won’t know what that was, and neither will the rest of us. This is what is meant by saying your posts aren’t helpful, because you aren’t providing empirical data to prove any performance gains. And innovators provide empirical data to prove their sh*t works. Without it, you’re just a guy screwing around in his garage. Now, if you notice performance gains that are obvious to you, and that’s all that matters to you, that’s all fine and well, but that’s not helpful to anyone else without empirical data to back it up. And it’s already proven that lowering the squish band will increase compression. There are even formulas to calculate by how much, and tools to measure the increase, so what you’re doing is not new or innovative. You’re just not using the formulas or tools to provide the empirical data.
And I wish people would read the title of these posts. what I did is try to improve a cheap ebay head that alot of us have fell victim too. this is not a post generalizing high compression on all heads. This is strickly about an EBAY HEAD. That was sh?t when I got it. curved squishband , 12ccs, low compression. my mods improved this particular head. So please start reading the title people

And I wish people would read the title of these posts. what I did is try to improve a cheap ebay head that alot of us have fell victim too. this is not a post generalizing high compression on all heads. This is strickly about an EBAY HEAD. That was sh?t when I got it. curved squishband , 12ccs, low compression. my mods improved this particular head. So please start reading the title people
I stand by my comments

Well you showed that you can deck a head. That’s really nothing new or innovative. Doesn’t matter that it was an eBay head. You didn’t measure compression before or after the modification, so you don’t know how much you want creased compression by, and whether that was good for your engine long term. You’re just shotgunning. And the truth is, it isn’t helpful to anyone. Everyone who gets into tuning two strokes knows you can increase compression by decking the head. You want to shotgun sh, well it’s your engine to blow up, but don’t expect other people to act like you’re doing anything unique or innovative. Without measuring to know what the compression was before or after the modification, or knowing how much you’d actually want to increase compression and how much to take off, you’re literally just shotgunning it. Good luck to you, but I agree with what the other guy said.

It’s not even your technique that is the issue. It’s the fact that you’re shotgunning it. The only benchmark you have for performance is a speed clock that you have no idea when is the last time it was calibrated. I’m a creative person as well, but if I’m going to deck a head, I’m going to measure compression and find a formula to know how much I can safely increase compression and how much material to take off to get there, then measure again and see if I’m where I want to be. If the squish band was curved, you probably could have improved performance as much as you’re going to by simply planing it flat. I make do with whatever tools I have and look for ideas and different ways of doing things as much as possible. But I try not to shotgun things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back