two options for the moddified F/D im working on

If it does have a one way bearing it wouldnt work for a flip flop gear change but maybe if it doesnt it might work for me. The id of the hole is the determining factor. That sprocket is part of a belt reduction unit so its almost half the teeth on the small one than the larg one that would be a big gear change i think but with the 460 it could pull the large gear for road cruising but the small gear would be a hill climbing gear "if im not carfull wheelie gear!" And it would be as simple as removing the outer bearing loosen/tighten the mount and fliping the gear around.

Do you think that a piece of a belt flipped over and attached to the spindle will last for awhile or just get eaten up? When i installed the belt and tightened the mount the belt wasnt slipping on the smooth spindle, Ill try it i think because its gonna be so simple if it works. The ratio would be pretty low with a 1" pinion and the 17" sheave it would be 17:1 right? I know that you know your stuff on ratio, and using the 460 on a mb, so what size pinion do you think i should run with my 26" tires and a 17" sheave?

A .875" diameter Staton friction roller/spindle and a 17" sheave would yield 19.43:1 gear ratio. However, the knurled portion is centered on the spindle, and might not fully contact the belt.

Maybe you could turn down your existing spindle to .875", just the part that the belt would ride on?

Here is what I've found to start with. I guess ill have to get 2 different sizes 15&16 tooth and lathe em down to what I need. Its still pretty simple but I do have to custom make a few parts exactly the same way I modified the spindle. Arg maybe I should get the htd 5m stuff instead of the older style xl 1/5" "but I've already got the older gebe sheave and belt :( " so because I've got no idea if its compatible with what I'm using I have to make one that's just for the old gebe sheave.
I do believe that this custom piece will work as a spindle, if I ever tear a belt or damage the sheave I can just flip the mount and keep going as a spindle drive.
http://www.york-ind.com/product.asp?type=pulleystock&pitch=7&material=5

After remeasuring the sheave its 16.5" or 274 tooth. The 15 tooth is gonna be .935" and 17.61:1 the 16 is .999" and 16.52:1. If I need to pedal to 10 mph its ok I want lots of speed capability.

I found a tank that mounts on the bottom of the frame tube with a 2L capacity and a regular style 4L and Id like to use both for superior range. But I don't like the look of the regular tank so its probably just gonna have a 2L. Where can you find a good metal throttle housing at? I don't like the plastic ones with a kill switch that come with every kit, and I have shifter brake combo controls on both sides to contend with. So the throttle brake combo won't work.

well i changed it up again

Now instead of the modified FD I'm utilizing a billet motor mount from a goped big foot. It moves the motor over a good 3.5-4" closer to center, and tho its only for a 54mm clutched motor the zenoah/chung yang RC motors are pretty stout. The 29cc engine makes 3.5 HP @ 14000RPM stock. With a pipe and mid to mild cylinder porting I'm right in the 4.5HP range. That is what I'm gonna plan on for now . The 23cc engine is $150 on DDM and I've already got the 29cc BBK worth $75 on ddm right now. So I'm gonna take my 36mm head to be ported by a gopedding buddie for the low low cost of a beer LOL. When I get the 23cc engine I'm taking off the 32mm head and piston to be ported and shelved for when I fry the 36mm. If I get a stroker crank I can bump displacement to 30-31 or 32cc's with a 1-2-3mm long rod respectfully. Yeah there is some port work to make the long rod work but if your not that experienced you can stack gaskets and make it work, but the issue can be remedied by clearancing the cyl skirt for the new long rod, the compression will be too high to run well on pump gas without octane boost or 110 octane unless u dome the squish area or use a headkit with a lower compression dome. But that is really extreme moddification that will yield any where from 5.5-8.5 hp @14000 rpm+ !

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer?dc=gorganic&source=mobileproducts#album/105964032391208193272/5736315449702748833

Has any one seen this bike around? It's mine! And I wants it back! Says I in my best shmeagle voice, LOL.

Back