Engine Trouble Uh Oh!!!

Thanks for reply so quick. I just need to rebuild to get me around until I get order a new engine would that get me started? Is it ok to pull the piston out of the jug and pit it back in again Or will it mess up the seating of the rings?

Ok I looked and on the engine I got it says 202 crankcase bearings is the crankshaft bearings or clutch shaft bearings. They only have a choice between two bearings the other. is sealed both ends. And with the parts I'm try to cover everything that could be bad once I can open it up completely, so do I have all my bases covered?

I failed to mention there's play in the crankshaft bearings I can wiggle connecting rod and fly wheels and everything moves up down side to side. The up down is more on the magneto side and the side to side play is less dramatic and seems kinda ok . Could pieces from those bearings make it to the combustion chamber?

I'm not sure what your bearing uses for the cage around the individual balls. Could be that cage is riveted with small rivets that would leave the same mark as the needles. Either way, if the crank goes up/down, that bearing is bad.

If that bearing is same as drive shaft bearing, then it should have one side of the seal pulled off. You'll need to read info here and prepare to do real work to get that bearing out & new one in. There is a set of pics here for step-by-step engine tear down.

Ordered a build your own engine kit, just have to wait for it now. Thanks for all the help. I've have my fair share of bearing removal experience and they are a pain in the a**

Back