Utilizing the derailleur gear system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't get it to fire

I got the new coil and it's installed. Spark is purple and strong. I can drip a little gas in the intake before trying to start it and get nothing. I can drip it into the spark plug hole and turn it over and get nothing.

The electric starter is turning it over very fast, too.

Any ideas?

Do you have compression?

Have you removed the head and wiped all the fuel out? (too much fuel will actually cause lack of compression and a no start condition)

I did tear it down completely and do that as well, but that was before I got the new coil (the old one seems screwed up, it only put out a dim yellow spark with new plug, and failed the 1/8th inch gap test)

Can you name as much of the things that could be wrong with it as you can? I will attempt all of them.

I did tear it down completely and do that as well, but that was before I got the new coil (the old one seems screwed up, it only put out a dim yellow spark with new plug, and failed the 1/8th inch gap test)

Can you name as much of the things that could be wrong with it as you can? I will attempt all of them.

The engines needs fuel, in vapor form, in air. Is the carb really deliverying fuel? The engine needs air. Is the air path unrestricted?

The engine needs to be fuel rich to start. Have you been using the choke?

The engine needs compression. Is the head gasket ok? No cracks in the head? Do you have a way to measure compression? At least can you feel it huge with the plug in? And with your thumb with the plug out?

The engine needs spark at the right time. I know you have spark but something (woodruff key) could be way goofy that has spark timing off. Are you using a new clean plug?

The engine needs to get rid of waste gases, is the exhaust plugged?

Those are the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back