Local time
3:46 PM

Just look at that chain.

Attachments

• Capture+_2024-02-10-08-13-39.png
    Capture+_2024-02-10-08-13-39.png
    886.9 KB · Views: 30
Okay. Run it until it breaks. Lol.
Which might be soon the way he's going at it. As far as an interesting build goes, it's pretty good. Longevity is going to be poor, he probably started having issues with it the next day.

Run one motor until it dies,the other gets you home.

I really do not think that contraption has ever ran down the road the way it is shown,just slapped together to get people talking.

He does a crazy hill climb in the video. The welds are just suicidal though, half slag and half air with two or three tacks per joint rather than a complete pipe weld. He breaks the chain while riding too.

He starts riding around 15 minutes in the video.

Looking at that rig does get the juices flowing.
There could be better ways to hook both motors together without all the chain tensioners.
Stack one on top of the other and hack the clutch covers so the chain could fall straight down out of the top one and pick up the near the top of the bottom one and back to the wheel.
I just went down stairs and held one motor over top of another just for fun. Would be a feat to mount them.

I would never attempt to do it but good for them for trying, must be good for clicks and free stuff like a couple new phones to throw in the washing machine.

Looking at that rig does get the juices flowing.
There could be better ways to hook both motors together without all the chain tensioners.
Stack one on top of the other and hack the clutch covers so the chain could fall straight down out of the top one and pick up the near the top of the bottom one and back to the wheel.
I just went down stairs and held one motor over top of another just for fun. Would be a feat to mount them.

I would never attempt to do it but good for them for trying, must be good for clicks and free stuff like a couple new phones to throw in the washing machine.
The real way to couple the engines together is with a jack shaft. But you need two chains.

The real way to couple the engines together is with a jack shaft. But you need two chains.
Now I think about it a moment, that does make more sense rather than directly chaining both motors together in the same loop.

I could see three chains. Each motor chained to a common jack shaft and a third chain running to the rear wheel.

What a contraption, fun to think about.

Back