Vibration Micargi

I agree. if the engine isn't firmly affixed to the frame it will appear to vibrate like nothing else.
A good part of your vibration issues stem from the front engine mount, built into the frame design. It has no support so can flex. This will massively increase vibration as the engine bounces around on the front mounting tube, which will effectively act as a spring; amplifying vibration.

I agree.

exactly what i was saying... might as well mount the engine on one clamp alone, at the end of a broomstick...

remove said tubing. get something longer and continue it through so BOTH ends are welded to the frame.

Ok ..so i may have to remove the welded stem and have another one welded all the way to the top? here is a photo when the bike was new..the yellow line would be the welded bar ..correct? and also i may replace the wrist pin in the piston...if you think that would help.

Attachments

• yellow mount.jpg
    yellow mount.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 170
You could just weld in another tube back to the bottom bracket and weld that to the tube you are using as a front engine mount. In doing so, you will create a triangulated structure, which is a very strong geometric shape.

you could also leave said tube but simply weld in some "gusset plates" to the lower tube. simpler to use just one plate running down the centreline, notched for the motor clamp to clear, couple of "lightening" holes added just for looks...

gusset.jpg

(the "paint" on a linux system is a complete pain in the a$$ to do anything as simple as draw a line...that just took me ten minutes! draw path. select path. invert at that point seemed the only option i had! oh, gimme back my windows XP...)

remove tube and find a curved piece and take it to the bottom bracket, or somewhere round there, which would suit the frame much more :)

or do exactly as fabian suggested, add another section of tube, either to the BB as suggested, or extended on the end of existing tube to follow the yellow line ;)

many options :)

and dont forget the bracket for the exhaust ;)

Last edited:
(the "paint" on a linux system is a complete pain in the a$$ to do anything as simple as draw a line...that just took me ten minutes! draw path. select path. invert at that point seemed the only option i had! oh, gimme back my windows XP...)

I always used GIMP for any photo editing on linux because all the half decent basic Microsoft Paint type applications had 600 mb worth of dependencies. I don't know what distribution you're using but as far as I'm aware it's in the repositories for pretty much everything.

I think you've got the right idea with a gusset, it would sure save the effort of having to notch more tube

I always used GIMP for any photo editing on linux because all the half decent basic Microsoft Paint type applications had 600 mb worth of dependencies. I don't know what distribution you're using but as far as I'm aware it's in the repositories for pretty much everything.

I think you've got the right idea with a gusset, it would sure save the effort of having to notch more tube

oh, im slowly getting the hang of gimp, but seriously...when you just want to draw a simple line, or arc, or circle... what used to take 5 seconds on paint takes a half hour of headbanging frustration with GIMP.... but each time you do take on the challenge...it gets a bit easier.

i wish it had a "basic" version, without all these options, that i dont want to deal with at the time... i want to draw a triangle, not learn how to use a program all over again! WTF is a layer? cant i just select colour, and draw an arc? no... have to do seventy five different things.

mind you, ive used it on nearly every picture ive uploaded on here, the image export function, i do like :) just took me a while to realise what to do. its such an alien program compared to everything ive learnt on :(

like hitting alt ctrl f7 after getting into terminal rather than just restarting!

i wont even mention how long it took to get a graphics card to work! or sketchup, that then required the graphics card after installing various add-ons that were great but made it lag terribly.

lately its been freezing when i open google maps.

almost as annoying as the "microsoft mobile" OS on my phone that wont play WMA files? first phone ive had that wont play them! i thought WMA was microsoft?

no need to do anything with that frame post since with the engine mounts there is a solid triangle.
Just get the wrist pin

i read all of your ideas..thanks! Ok im buyin the wrist pin..if it still vibrates a lot I will have the stem welded. ;) thanks for all of the help...my next build is the same bike with a 125cc

I see Juice moto parts had the wrist pin but theyre out of stock

i looked elsewhere but cant find one..anyone on this forum selling any?

Last edited:
Back