Want to BUY Wide 1 piece GRUBEE CRANK

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Zomby Builder, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Who is selling these now? Please contact me....

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

I hope they have more than one myself...:)
    I had to go to little 5.5" cranks
    thank god for gears, or i would never be able to pull the trailer:)

oops...sorry for carping all over your thread zomby :(
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

those sizes are the length of the arms...not the width (needed to clear a 4stroke)
  5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Yes i know Bill,i said 4 sizes cos it gives more options.
    I'm mainly going by the name "Ashtabula"....i figure it's a trademark name for all wide cranks,originally derived from excercise machines(might even be a place somewhere)
    Irish John would know more about this cos it's his passion.
  6. Old Style

I have bought 4 of these. They are the bomb. Just 1 piece GRUBEE Wide BOY!! Whom has one?
  7. biketec

biketec Member

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I take it...the :whistling: means.... you don't want to help....?

tell me I am wrong.
  9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

If your going to say something then say it,we all might learn something.
  10. azbill

azbill Active Member

John found a factory in china making them for exercise machines or something
  11. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

12. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
  13. azbill

azbill Active Member

just for you 'old timers' here BGJ is in ashtabula
    he should come up in a search here :)
  14. biketec

biketec Member

No I really have nothin to say I just found the remark to be amusing by fetor and was jokingly whistling minding my own business, sorry for the confusion.

The only real input I have is that we have 100 coming in as parts and our kits ( mounting only for now as we have none left are coming in with them standard) and all kits W/engines will have them in next batch, as to where they originated I have no clue.

I did however find something out quite interesting, I just got a 78 vespa bravo and it has the little 3pc crank arms maybe thats where they come from is a moped???? IDK

Again sorry for confusion I wish I could be of more help.
  15. biketec

biketec Member

16. Grubee 1 piece

Thanks guys, but, I need the old style Grubee 1 piece WIDE crank. I have bought 3 of these in the past but don't remember who has them. Bird Dog has a pic of one but they no longer sell these. WHO DOES???????

17. ocscully

ocscully Member

I don't believe there is any vendor currently offering the cranksset you are looking for. Unless a member comes forward who has a set they aren't using you are probably going to have to wait for bicycle-engines/birddog to get the new shipment. Last I saw in a thread here that is going to be in June with a little luck.

18. None available

This was the best crank made. Nobody sells them anymore. I called several of you vendors. Says a lot about your cutomer service. It absoutely su-cks. Thanks for the no call backs. You know who you are.. you ***... I called everyone to the left of this screen, and not ONE of you returned my call.!! ARE you all in this for the $$$$ now?? YOU TOO MIKE!!! I'm SO OUT OF HERE!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  19. Too late to edit

OK there were 2 resonses from preiviosly mentioned *** < One from Jeramy at B-Dog & an email from Mike. I didn't include DAX in my search By the way Brian, the carb works beautifly. I made my own wide boy crank. The search is OVER....
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  20. I'm still looking

Sorry to be such an (well). I still think that this crank is the best.... Got one??

Ride on