Wanted gas tank....any condition....almost

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Al.Fisherman, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

I'm in the lookout for a gas tank (from a HT)...don't care about the condition. It could of been run over with a D-50...don't care. What I need is the threaded nipple that the fuel valve screws into. I have a small generator that the fuel valve broke. Can't find a replacement as it was a special type of attachment, ( Chinese). I'm going to braise the nipple into my generator tank and buy a fuel cut off used on our bikes.
    Thanks
    Ron

I'm in the lookout for a gas tank (from a HT)...don't care about the condition. It could of been run over with a D-50...don't care. What I need is the threaded nipple that the fuel valve screws into. I have a small generator that the fuel valve broke. Can't find a replacement as it was a special type of attachment, ( Chinese). I'm going to braise the nipple into my generator tank and buy a fuel cut off used on our bikes.
    Thanks
    Ron

I make a clutch roller bracket and sell them...I'd be glad to swap. With this mod you can disengage the clutch with one, yes one finger.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010

2. Al.Fisherman

Think my tank ought to be here in a couple of days...thanks

3. Al.Fisherman

Still in the hunt for a damaged tank worth abt nothing, with fuel valve would be nice.

4. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Just gave away my spare! Do you have a motorcycle salvage yard near you? One of their tanks would work too, since you are going to braze it anyway.

5. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Im ordering a kit next week and I already have a custom tank..Ill check this thread when it gets here if you still need it Id be glad to make a trade.
    Cheers

6. Al.Fisherman

To both above...

I've checked the shops about the tank to no avail. It is not something that I have/need to do right away. I know that there will be someone with a damaged tank along the way. I received a tank, in great condition, it's just that I hate to destroy it.

7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Figure out the thread size of the petcock bung and buy a metric nut the same size. Use the nut and save the tank.

8. xxSLiMxx

xxSLiMxx Member

I have a 2L tank, gas cap, valve. Id be willing to trade for a clutch mod. Let me know if u wanna work out a deal.

9. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I'll do the swap with you for a slightly used tank. I can exhange a frame mounted tank or a rear mounted HT tank. Let me know which one you want.
    thanks,
    Drew

10. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

all you need to do is braze a peice of copper tubing into the hole in the tank. then, run an in line on-off gas valve for a lawnmower.

11. Al.Fisherman

I have a small 800W generator....yea I know...Chinese junk, but ran well. After sitting a few months I needed to use it. Went out to turn the fuel on and the flow tab on the fuel cut off valve broke. Very strange set-up for the fuel petcock. Was (already did two days ago) going to use the nipple from a HT tank as I know that if I have problems down the road again, I can purchase a new fuel valve without any problems. For those that might need to know in the future, the nipple brazed to a HT tank is a 3/8"-24 thread.

12. Skyliner70cc

Al, I got one of those too. I had a carb issue on mine and when I took it apart to replace it, I didn't get the wiring back together like it should...engien runs but generator has no output. If you would like mine, you can have it for free but you'll need to pay for shipping/handling...Greyhound bus would be cheapest method of shipping.

13. Al.Fisherman

Sounds great, from where??? ... Do you have a HT...I'll send you a clutch roller mod if you like....
    [​IMG]...[​IMG]..You can see the nipple brazed to the bottom of the fuel tank.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  14. Skyliner70cc

I am in colorado springs, co. if interested, let me know so I can guestimate shipping via greyhound bus. My generator is identical except the fuel tank is blue colored.

I'm using a very nice 3000 watt digital invertor generator. It works so great, runs my A/C and battery chargers in my camper w/ no problem and is so quiet.

I'll gladly accpet your offer of clutch roller mod.

15. Al.Fisherman

Please figure out shipping.....
    Ron

16. Fletch

Fletch Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010