wanted: mtb or bmx rider for mb-x promotion

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by augidog, Apr 30, 2009.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

the MBRA is off to a s-l-o-w start, but thank you to the supporting members for keeping us ad- & politics-free.

i don't get to race this year, but i hear tell of a couple guys who plan to run at the salt-flats. i encourage you guys to join MBRA (new unlimited-class) and unashamedly ask for support, you deserve it, and will likely get it, too :)

i want to stay active in racing nonetheless, and would like to try something...

i need a crazy mtb'er or bmx'er (16 or older) who'd like to see what they could do with an mb-x...someone into stunts and rough-riding. you'd need to be able to make it to ocean park regularly...the ultimate plan will be to define riding methods & style, and find a track that'll let us cut loose and see how far we can take this...if we can attract the right personnel we'll document the entire project.

personally, i'm offering a golden eagle drive-train & shop-support for this project, but encourage builders & riders of other styles to think about joining us & getting these baby's on a real track someday :helmet:

2. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Member

Dang you for being so far away. I plan on building up a Azonix Steelhead with a HT and jumping the **** out of it. Hope to be rolling by July when my family heads to CO and UT for vacation.
  3. augidog

augidog Banned

"dang you" right back. maybe someday we'll meet at an mb-X event. i'm imagining the 40cc belt-drive on that bike in the pic....it's a good thing. please keep us posted on your endeavors...if you achieve some acceptance and interest in your area, a future long-distance collaboration is not impossible.
  4. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

sorry to be le sabot but i just dont see anything growing as far as racing these things anymore.
    maybe dirt tt on a bmx with pocketbike engines would work?