Whaddaya Think?

The bike salvage is a good idea. I really hadn’t thought about that until you mentioned it. Thanks.

Dumpster bikes used to keep my pedal bike rolling. There was no going an getting new tires, it was "hey, this bike in the garbage has good tires, looks like my bike gets new shoes!"
Might depend a bit on where you live, but there are a few rural bike shops around me that also have entire sheds and lots just filled with old bikes. You can generally find what you need and it costs a few bucks. I got an entire 70's schwinn frame for 20 dollars a few years back.

Or, as GW said, even just dumpster diving for bikes, or buying the super cheap/free bikes listed on marketplace here and there can be a good resource for some parts. Just depends on what you need.

Just the fork? Considering the circumstances it would be better to try your luck looking for a junk bike with a good fork but here's this if that doesn't work. https://www.modernbike.com/sunlite-26-threaded-hi-tensile-mtb-fork-1-200-x-100mm-27mm-black
I already cleaned the bike up and got it working, sold it to a guy in my neighborhood for his son for basically the cost of parts. Nabbed a used set of forks just like that for 12 bucks from the previous mentioned salvage place, and got a good used set of tires and tubes while I was there for another 10. Sold it for 30.

I already cleaned the bike up and got it working, sold it to a guy in my neighborhood for his son for basically the cost of parts. Nabbed a used set of forks just like that for 12 bucks from the previous mentioned salvage place, and got a good used set of tires and tubes while I was there for another 10. Sold it for 30.
Not bad, pretty good.

Back