WHAT COLOR FOR CYLINDER ? FANTA CHOPPER BIKE BUILD

Don't paint the sides of the heads on the ones right below the cylinder either.
REALLY>>>!!!!! you think bright green bolts on a blue and orange would look good....I guess it be like the Green alligator on the florida football team....lol so this color green ?? oh and DUPLICOLOR makes a paint called SMOKE.... its gives a tinting effect on clear or silver/chrome surfaces,,
IMG9555381.jpg

Well I saw this a while back and the second I thought of cylinder colors and that Fanta orange bike I thought of this video:

You would probably get a kick from that tossed in there and most other people would too if you do it right!

To be honest to paint the cylinder like that i will need to get a small paint brush,, its the only way to get good lines in between the fins,, I will do it on another cylinder I have.. for now i think i will paint the cylinder with the silver glittery grond coat for the anodized metal cast paints and just leave it bright silver and clear coat it,,, IDK,,, so many choices,, plus I would like to get the bike up and running first to,,i have pushed my own bike build to the side long enough now,,cause i had a lot of customer bike builds to do.. Now i have some time and money to do my build...
Plus I also found a guy in my town that has a BRAND NEW never ridden OCC Stingray Chopper Bike that Is Black with Flames and he only wants a $100 bucks for it,,,its never been used , its been wrapped up in the original plastic wrap since he got it a few years ago...yeah,,, he is moving and told me $100 bucks and its yours,,,,, so I am going to grab it and do a 212cc Death Row Bike out of it in the future...

IMG_20170907_011829.jpg
IMG_20170907_011829.jpg
IMG_20170907_011829.jpg
IMG_20170907_012011.jpg
IMG_20170907_011829.jpg
IMG_20170907_012011.jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l400 (3).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg
IMG_20170906_224049.jpg
Orange coat, strip of painters tape laid over the keeping orange, use a pencil eraser to push it into place, coat with green, remove tape when paint gets right tackiness.

That sounds like a good idea,,, I didnt at first know where you were getting this GREEN idea from,,, and now i see what your saying about the green in the leaf... I will have to paint the leafs on the bike GREEN, cause there not painted green on bike ,, but i see it on the Soda Can I bought.
Another IDEA I had was to make a GAS cap some how out of the soda can.. that would be cool..!! a soda can as a gas cap,, Come on now there BUDDY i know you got some kinda Idea for this one...!!! I have more blue flame decals coming in the mail that look very very much like the flames on there now,, was going to do the Gas Tank Orange and blue flames... What do you think about these blue flame decals for Orange Gas Tank, and the CHROME and Blue Flame grips, and the Chrome twisty Pedals,,,???? and you got to admit that my windowed piston came out good for using a Dremel and not a BRIDGEPORT Milling machine like I have used as a Machinist and Aviation Structural Technician and R&D Fabricator.. was an AM first class Petty Officer in the NAVY from 2001--2007... another story for another day,,, but it helps being a metal fabricator all these years and a jack of all trades,,,, I tell customers all the time that these are Hobby Type Bikes and a Mechanical Aptitude and ability is a must,,, other wise buy a scooter for $800 and be done with it,,, but "NO" they all tell me yes they are mechanically smart and then they call me up the next day asking where the spark plug is and how to remove it !!!! it drives me freaking nuts man... they call and text me a million questions all day long,,,

Last edited:
View attachment 78840 View attachment 78840 View attachment 78840 View attachment 78841 View attachment 78840 View attachment 78841 View attachment 78842 View attachment 78843 View attachment 78844 View attachment 78845

That sounds like a good idea,,, I didnt at first know where you were getting this GREEN idea from,,, and now i see what your saying about the green in the leaf... I will have to paint the leafs on the bike GREEN, cause there not painted green on bike ,, but i see it on the Soda Can I bought.
Another IDEA I had was to make a GAS cap some how out of the soda can.. that would be cool..!! a soda can as a gas cap,, Come on now there BUDDY i know you got some kinda Idea for this one...!!! I have more blue flame decals coming in the mail that look very very much like the flames on there now,, was going to do the Gas Tank Orange and blue flames... What do you think about these blue flame decals for Orange Gas Tank, and the CHROME and Blue Flame grips, and the Chrome twisty Pedals,,,???? and you got to admit that my windowed piston came out good for using a Dremel and not a BRIDGEPORT Milling machine like I have used as a Machinist and Aviation Structural Technician and R&D Fabricator.. was an AM first class Petty Officer in the NAVY from 2001--2007... another story for another day,,, but it helps being a metal fabricator all these years and a jack of all trades,,,, I tell customers all the time that these are Hobby Type Bikes and a Mechanical Aptitude and ability is a must,,, other wise buy a scooter for $800 and be done with it,,, but "NO" they all tell me yes they are mechanically smart and then they call me up the next day asking where the spark plug is and how to remove it !!!! it drives me freaking nuts man... they call and text me a million questions all day long,,,
I'll be honest I just can't get into that twisty chrome thing, it's flashy and nice to a certain extent but wouldn't be my personal choice. I also try to distance myself from those kind of people (they who can't actually handle the hobby,) then again I do 99% of that work by only working on people's bikes who I deem worthy, and worthy is a tight regimend to follow, I make a few exceptions for friends of friends.

Soda can gas cap is difficult, the logo itself wouldn't fit from a can, either a plastic container that can be waterproofed with a printed image could work, or a shrinky dink sheet with an image printed or colored with pencil that would shrink to the perfect size for the cap would work.

It's hard to pick I guess, but if you could print a few test sizes in black and white and find a shop with a laser printer to print in full color for you and then laminate with tape or laminate sheet then attach that it would work well. Just be mindful everything with ink and dye on paper eventually fades in sunlight.

Another alternative is using the standard 4x6 photograph size and going to Walmart to print out a decal on plain photographic paper with a laser printer, which most stores like that use, then cut out and tape/glue/epoxy/clearcoat it onto the cap, even getting a hole of clear shrink plastic like they use for the clear front on various retail packaging that's stuck to a cardboard backing could be used to shrink wrap the image onto a cap.

Figure out what would work just stay clear of most clear epoxies that yellow in sunlight, including the ones that say non-yellowing since those yellow too.

Last edited:
The large window removes a lot of weight from the intake side of the piston.
Is it feasible and preferable to thin the exhaust side wall, so the piston is a little less unevenly weighted?

The large window removes a lot of weight from the intake side of the piston.
Is it feasible and preferable to thin the exhaust side wall, so the piston is a little less unevenly weighted?

I think it should be alright considering they sell and use the piston like the way i made mine with no problems.. In fact I made mine on the small side , figure i can always take off more but you cant add...!
I also countersunk the oiling holes on the piston wristpin area and the 3 oil holes on top of connecting rod to aid in the lubricating factor,,
The only way to realy lighten the piston on the exhaust side would be to remove some metal from inside the piston skirt.. I have heard and seen pistons with a lot of the skirt hacked off and I dont like it, plus i think you would get a lot of piston slapping.. IDK overall I think on my application that I will just leave it be, dont think that it will take away performance but hopefully add some,,

Maybe some one smarter then me out there like JAG, Steve Best or Frankenstien, or KC Cruiser can explain what actually happens with the window in piston and what measurments are best in making one,, I took a picture of ZEDA's Windowed piston that they sell and just blew it up to actuall size and got my measurments that way for the top and bottom and I marked the sides thru the intake port. and drilled my for 3/8 radius holes and then dremeled the rest.. Some people say that you dont see it so it dont got to look good,,, I say bull crap on that,, i think it looking good and being accurate is a must when it comes to engine work,,, never be a butcher hack when it comes to metal fabrication,, I am a AVIATION MACHINIST by Trade so I know what close tolerance is, I would sometimes make R&D PROJECTS with DARPA and MIT and ITT at the NAVAL BASE and holding tolerances of .003 ,, so i am also meticulas and anal in things I Creat or Modify as you can see..
IMG_20170906_050418.jpg
IMG_20170907_032301.jpg

I think it should be alright considering they sell and use the piston like the way i made mine with no problems.. In fact I made mine on the small side , figure i can always take off more but you cant add...!
I also countersunk the oiling holes on the piston wristpin area and the 3 oil holes on top of connecting rod to aid in the lubricating factor,,
The only way to realy lighten the piston on the exhaust side would be to remove some metal from inside the piston skirt.. I have heard and seen pistons with a lot of the skirt hacked off and I dont like it, plus i think you would get a lot of piston slapping.. IDK overall I think on my application that I will just leave it be, dont think that it will take away performance but hopefully add some,,

Maybe some one smarter then me out there like JAG, Steve Best or Frankenstien, or KC Cruiser can explain what actually happens with the window in piston and what measurments are best in making one,, I took a picture of ZEDA's Windowed piston that they sell and just blew it up to actuall size and got my measurments that way for the top and bottom and I marked the sides thru the intake port. and drilled my for 3/8 radius holes and then dremeled the rest.. Some people say that you dont see it so it dont got to look good,,, I say bull crap on that,, i think it looking good and being accurate is a must when it comes to engine work,,, never be a butcher hack when it comes to metal fabrication,, I am a AVIATION MACHINIST by Trade so I know what close tolerance is, I would sometimes make R&D PROJECTS with DARPA and MIT and ITT at the NAVAL BASE and holding tolerances of .003 ,, so i am also meticulas and anal in things I Creat or Modify as you can see..View attachment 78848 View attachment 78849
Removing a little material from the inside of the skirt is exactly what I meant. There isn't a huge amount you can remove I think but I would feel better about it being less unevenly weighted personally.

I noticed that the stock pistons (with B marked inside) have four apparently pointless thicker sections at the bottom corners of the skirt. I have removed these to make it all even thickness as they seemed unnecessary, and then very slightly thinned out the skirt all over the inside, and countersunk the oil ports in the wrist pin supports, to remove a total of just 1.5 grams from the piston (but I dont have a window) so I would expect you can get the weight down by at least 0.75g on the exhaust side without shortening the skirt/ affecting the function.
My stock "B" piston weighed 79.4g without rings and is now 77.9g

Removing a little material from the inside of the skirt is exactly what I meant. There isn't a huge amount you can remove I think but I would feel better about it being less unevenly weighted personally.

I noticed that the stock pistons (with B marked inside) have four apparently pointless thicker sections at the bottom corners of the skirt. I have removed these to make it all even thickness as they seemed unnecessary, and then very slightly thinned out the skirt all over the inside, and countersunk the oil ports in the wrist pin supports, to remove a total of just 1.5 grams from the piston (but I dont have a window) so I would expect you can get the weight down by at least 0.75g on the exhaust side without shortening the skirt/ affecting the function.
My stock "B" piston weighed 79.4g without rings and is now 77.9g
Can you show me a picture of the oil ports? I know you or somebody posted an interesting video of such a thing but I've since lost track of it and wanted to review.

Back