What do I look for

Juicyjayocean

Local time
6:22 AM
What do I look for if I want to upgrade the carburetor on the phantom like connection wise

Yeah, that's what I said. I've built some intakes before that DON'T take a MB type carb.
Which makes me wonder then if JuicyJay is replacing the stock carby and is NOT using the reed valve, how does he expect it to run correctly with that windowed piston???...The Phantoms already have enough difficulties without turning them into Frankenstein machines to complicate things even more...Phantom will even void your warranty if you change the air filter, let alone anything else to do with the carburation/reed valve setup...lol.

Found on page 12 of the installation manual:
WARNING: The motor is designed to run correctly with the Air Filter
provided. Removal, or ANY modification of the filter assembly voids
warranty and may cause the motor to run rough and/or produce less
power. If your installation will not allow you to fit the carburetor
correctly, there is a special Angled Inlet Manifold available from
ZTMOTO, to solve this problem.

...the same instruction manual that says NOT to use an in-line fuel filter but then shows an image with an IN LINE FUEL FILTER on page 7?

ScreenHunter 556.jpg

...the same instruction manual that says NOT to use an in-line fuel filter but then shows an image with an IN LINE FUEL FILTER on page 7?
Yep, I saw that too and I even noted they have it on upside down as well...lol...Thats why I pay no attention to the pics since I do have the ability to read as well...lol...I have already forwarded these inconsistancies to B-E.com a few days ago, they have already replied to me that they are going right to the manufacturer to explain this to them and will forward to me the answers to these questions regarding the faux pas they have included in their manual.

The one really glaring mistake they made in the manual was regarding their oil recommendation...And what might that be you ask???

The Valvoline 2 cycle racing oil that is their first preference for us to use is a semi-synthetic fortified oil formula and yet they say in the manual that the use of any synthetics will void the warranty, Hence the reason that I have been telling everyone to just use their second choice which is the Valvoline conventional 2 cycle multi-purpose oil at least for now until I hear back on all the obvious mistakes I found in the ZTMoto Phantom 85 manual...You can be sure that my emails asking about these errors I found were served with a flame thrower...lol.

This is the description on the Valvoline web site...It also doesn't hurt that I used to work for Valvoline for 20+ years and actually knew about this already...This just confirms it is all...lol.

2 STROKE RACING OIL​

Valvoline™ 2 Stroke Racing Oil is a synthetic fortified oil recommended for high horsepower units. Special additives prevent pre-ignition and plug fouling and provides maximum lubrication even under very stressful conditions. It may also be used in on-road vehicles.*

Stay tuned for coming attractions and answers...lol.

Also take note of their warning about modifications on page 2 of the manual...lol...your gonna love it...lol.

WARNING! Do not carry out any modifications of this motor for the purpose of increasing power, before installing and
running/breaking it in first.
Make sure the motor works correctly, then think about any changes you may want to make.
Doing this will also give you an idea of just what sort of improvement you may want to make (i.e. more RPMs, more
acceleration, easier starting etc.), also it will indicate if the gearing needs changing. This is what professional engine
builders do, it is called “seasoning” the motor. NOTE: Any unauthorized modification of the motor voids the Warranty.

First they tell you to wait until after breakin to make any modifications, and in their last gasping breath say "NOTE: Any unauthorized modification of the motor voids the Warranty."

This I am also waiting for an answer too as well...lol.

Back