Exhaust bracing, how did you do it?

I feel you are letting that pretty chrome exhaust system dictate the position of the motor. Obviously this was meant for a bike with a straight tube.
NO, He isn't letting the pipe dictate anything, he is either waiting for the CNC front mount to arrive or making his own like I did.

Here is mine with the same exact bike and same exact motor kit on it, notice that once the front mount is on it, the carby is no longer at such an extreme angle as he will be doing exactly what I did, setting up the motor with the front mount and then lowering the rear just a tad to accomodate the motor as well as carb angle.

DSCN0229.JPG
IMG_0319.jpg

Obviously it works. Your bike is a perfect example. I'm just saying the PERFECT angle would be none, level. You and GW are close and it looks like he has the same set up so..................why do you feel it isn't necessary to have a muffler brace? If not having one works for you, then it should work for GW also. Again, personally, I think it would be a good idea. But then again, just because I have one, doesn't mean everyone else should.

why do you feel it isn't necessary to have a muffler brace? If not having one works for you, then it should work for GW also.
I do strictly street riding, no jarring bumps or jolts or potholes, Gordy says his roads are just not as good as mine and he expects a very bumpy ride where he is at...That's why he wants to strap his down.

Understood, and thank you for the close up picture. After seeing it I would suggest to GW ........make a solid strap, not the plumber's strap stuff, and attach it to a longer bolt through the front mount clamp. Then attach the strap to the muffler as I described earlier. BTW those are really nice mounts. I see you 2 stroke guys have all the good stuff.

Bike does look good..
What brand wheels are on it?
I used these. I like them so far. I'll have to see how they hold up. https://www.amazon.com/DONSP1986-26...mzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Understood, and thank you for the close up picture. After seeing it I would suggest to GW ........make a solid strap, not the plumber's strap stuff, and attach it to a longer bolt through the front mount clamp. Then attach the strap to the muffler as I described earlier. BTW those are really nice mounts. I see you 2 stroke guys have all the good stuff.

Ok. Alot has gone down since I was on last. I had a really busy and exhausting day today lol.

No, the motor is not in its final position. I still need to order a fron mount, I would spend more money making an aluminum one, and I would prefer to keep things as bolt on as possible because I may at some point put a different motor on it. Yes, I know the carb is at a bad angle and I have been thinking of ways to fix it. I have a few things in mind, but everything will be decided once I fully mount it. I am not letting the exaust dictate my build, I am simply just considering ways to mount it, which ideas should be universal to where it ends up as I am not welding mounts to the frame.

I've had alot of things to worry about besides the bike, so I haven't done anything but think of ways to do things. If I can get chunks of aluminum for a good price I will build one, but so far everything I have found costs the same as one that is pre-made.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I used these. I like them so far. I'll have to see how they hold up. https://www.amazon.com/DONSP1986-26-Wheelset-Double-Silver/dp/B0C9Q374DH/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_pp?crid=1L27YYNFFV4Z7&keywords=donsp1986&qid=1705196060&sprefix=,aps,400&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Ok. Alot has gone down since I was on last. I had a really busy and exhausting day today lol.

No, the motor is not in its final position. I still need to order a fron mount, I would spend more money making an aluminum one, and I would prefer to keep things as bolt on as possible because I may at some point put a different motor on it. Yes, I know the carb is at a bad angle and I have been thinking of ways to fix it. I have a few things in mind, but everything will be decided once I fully mount it. I am not letting the exaust dictate my build, I am simply just considering ways to mount it, which ideas should be universal to where it ends up as I am not welding mounts to the frame.

I've had alot of things to worry about besides the bike, so I haven't done anything but think of ways to do things. If I can get chunks of aluminum for a good price I will build one, but so far everything I have found costs the same as one that is pre-made.
Get yourself a 1 1/2" muffler clamp and make your own, it'll cost 2 or 3 bucks. Done!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I welded a 1/4 inch piece of flat stock to the down tube it has a hole at the end. i then welded a short bolt to the pipe just after the headerwhen u put on the exhaust just putnthe bolt through the hole and put a nut on it. your done.trick is to fasten the nut and bolt on the flatstock first then align where you want it on fram and pipe the weld both. that way it fits

Caddy conduit hangers. https://www.gotolee.com/buy/product/cd5b/6513

Scroll down and you can see it iin use on a Phantom exhaust on the same frame (Former member FrizzleFried)

Caddy conduit hangers. https://www.gotolee.com/buy/product/cd5b/6513

Scroll down and you can see it iin use on a Phantom exhaust on the same frame (Former member FrizzleFried)
I have got an Idea on what I want, not sure yet. But thanks for the idea.

Back