what do i look out for???

skyfire gearbox

Hi all, I have the Huasheng kit with the grubee gearbox, I was interested in getting the skyfire box because i was having trouble with the grubee box so i emailed my seller (revoloution cycles u.s.) bryan, I asked him if the skyfire box was better than the grubee, he told me to stick with the grubee, he didn't say why, this probably won't help much but maybee you could make enquiries yourself and try to get bryan to elaborate on his opinion. :)

wellllll, from what info ive gathered from here, and http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9627&highlight=four+stroke+clutchaugi's post (the link) i think i might have opened a can of worms. seeing how, im pretty much clueless on how to deal with the centrifugal clutch (never took 1 apart hence my minibike vid (listen to the clutch) if you care too look. and i have no clue with thatgearbox thing. 1st question, even though it will be rough (like ya said) if i take it out of the box can i ride it??? and 2, i am pretty much clueless about how to lube it. but once it gets here i might have a better understanding. like do i pour oil in, or do i pack the gears???

Cranks

The wider crankset is used because the 4 stroke/gearbox unit is quite a bit wider than a 2 stroke. If you use your original pedal crankset you will hit the gearbox with the pedal arm unless you don't plan on using the pedals. There are two types of wide cranksets - the 3 piece like in your kit and the one piece set which should fit your bike....

in knew about the wideness part, but i am still foggy as to hot the 3 piece-1piece differs. and if i tore apart my 05 mtn bike ( i dont ride), would i be able to make the blue bike work with the mount bike parts, and the wider crank I'm receiving??? thanks. im off to clean the shed.

From what I know..

That kits uses the Huaseng 4 stroke. That is a good engine and there really is nothing to look out for. Oil gas and go. I have one. The only thing to look out for is the gear box setup. The engine is bullet proof, fast and smooth. The gear box? That may be the downfall. But.I am not sure which gear box it is. There are newer and better gear boxes coming out. I have the latest and greatest Gear box made at one of my factories. They sent it to me for Testing. I have been so busy with the rear carrier , I have not had a chance to test it yet. My old gear box is an L J set up. IT seems to work fine, but is super whiney or noisy. So..I quit riding it. It makes so much a pitched whine, I quit riding it. I could not hear my engine or hear anything other than the whine. I am hoping this new gear box is silent, or near silent, and reliable. But..I have not tested it yet. I will test it and try to post info on it in the Vendor section once it happens. Anyone in the Denver area interested in being a test engineer? Let me know. Thanks.. and.. Enjoy the ride...:D

thanks for the info dax! i would have bought from you, but the cops around here look the other way just so i can kinda hide it between my legs. if its clearly visible (the neighbor a.k.a. cop said) they might have to do somthing. otherwise if the dash cams dont pick it up they dont do anything, cause they dont get as much commission. IMHO they dont wanna get theyre new dodge chargers dirty :p

New gearbox Dax

Hey dax i'm interested in the new box you are about to test, very keen to see some close up photos, internal and external, please tell me has it got drain and filler plugs? is it wet or dry:eek:

Back