What is a good solid cruiser bike frame to build on, that I could get from ebay?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by powerstroke, Feb 27, 2014.

1. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

12.jpg

See pic, that is the sort of bike that I would like to create. If there one like it even thicker then all the better. Also I am a tall person so i dont want to look like im riding a grasshopper (small bike). It resembles a cafe racer type of motorcycle, which I like.

Are the even any thick framed bikes available in australia or are they all the crappy huffy bikes on ebay for 100 dollars?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Ebay goods are shipped and bikes don't do well in the care of others. Try a pawn shop. Ever think of a GT frame from sites that advertise on here? Those are nice frames and the fuel tank is built in...............good luck.

3. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Hi Darwin, a GT frame sounds like a good idea, are you able to give me a pointer to a site where I could get one? I don't know where to start looking. Thanks.

4. Nevada

Nevada New Member

Hey Darwin, try searching "Micargi" on ebay. Pretty cool bikes. A lot of them have that old school style frame that would make for a pretty cool looking board tracker.

5. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

I cant seem to find any of these for sale in Australia.

I am especially interested in the Fito Modena GT, however only american sites offer them.

6. Bzura

Bzura Member

The Fito brand is an exclusive of BikeBuyes.com They sell them directly to the public, and they also sell them wholesale to other bike shops. I don't know if they export them to Australia, but maybe if you're friendly with a local bike shop owner they would consider getting one in for you.

I've built several of the Modena GT's & Modena Sports. They are great, solid bikes.

7. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Ive edited main post. The feedback so far has been good guys, the modena is just not available in australia I cant find it anywhere.

8. Noriegad88

Noriegad88 New Member

Fito Modena GT

I just got a fito Modena gt in the mail from bike buyers, took an hour to get everything together. I can say I am very pleased and the bike is very well built and light. Welds are very nice and clean. Paid $310 shipped. Now waiting for my kit to start my build