whats 49cc engine like with hills

Anton, what are the hills like there? Have you done many mods to your 66cc? If you don't mind me asking................. the weight thing? Just curious, I've got mine just about taking them all, and it's hard around here to find a flat area!!!!!~

Glen

I'm mainly talking about off road riding through undeveloped road reserves and state forests. It's kind of challenge thing; can I make it up that hill without having to get off and push! So far the answer is yes I can go up the steepest inclines I can find with pedal assist.

If I stick to the developed roads I can get up most without having to pedal. I haven't done any engine mods and I weigh 65kg (143 lbs).

Awww, nice carb! I can see why your bike does so well considering your size. That's about the perfect size to be when it comes to any type of riding. Gosh, I can imagine what it would do if you put and expansion pipe on?!!!!!!!~

I am pleased to say since I don't build MB's for a living anymore I can say the truth. Buy a 66cc. Cops can't tell the difference. You are a big boy, I weigh 210. Peddle assist the bike it will do You & the bike a world of good. I peddle when cops are around anyway, they just shine me on. Old man on a bicycle is all they see.

First off, it's really hard to correctly estimate the angle of a hill. When I had a favorite hill for testing I thought it was 20 degrees but then I measured it to see that it was only 10 degrees. But still it was a lot for my 48cc engine. 10 degrees on up requires you to do these things for good climbing ability:
1) increase cylinder compression
2) extend the distance between the cylinder and the carburetor
3) extend the exhaust pipe header length
4) get a bigger rear sprocket
If all that isn't enough then you can put a good carburetor on it and if that isn't enough then you have to put a 60cc top end on it since grunt is directly proportional to engine size.
All the above tips are expained in detail on my site.

My 4 stroke CD kit pulls me 165 pounds and a trailer with 130 pounds of weight up a real steep grass 1/4 mile long hill with no problems.
Don't know the angle but going down this same hill you can reach speed of 25MPH + with out a motor and without pedaling.

I have even seen bicycles going faster then the cars on the road next to them and it 40MPH, again with out a engine or pedaling

you go so fast I will not try to go down the hill pulling a loaded trailer , just gets to fast and real hard to stop.
I take the 2 mile long way around.

Some say that it's not how big it is, but how you use it.

Some also say that it's not how big your engine is but how it's geared. Even a 10cc engine will pull 500 lbs up a steep hill with the right gearing.

I'm speaking without being a shift kit user, but Fabians right!!~It's all in the gearing....................

again ty all for your input ,
saddletramp i love a 66cc one but when i buy a kit i need invoice of kit and bike and other things to take to s.o.s when i register the bike , i dont mind pedaling if needs be better than feeling like my lungs are going to burst when i did try to ride it a few times heh.

Back