Wheel build

Zoom555

Local time
12:49 PM
Almost finished with my first wheel build! Just have some final tweaking to do.

2.125” steel rim.
12g stainless steel spokes
Sturmey Archer XL-FDD drum with dynamo hub.

Hoping it is nice and solid.

Attachments

• 2136FE16-37C7-4236-AA15-84887FA47B1F.jpeg
    2136FE16-37C7-4236-AA15-84887FA47B1F.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 69
Dynamo hub, SWEET! Run some nice lights with that.

looks good. What weave pattern did you use? I looks different from the 3 cross pattern I used.
I used 3 cross pattern as well. It looks a little different I’m guessing because the hub is pretty large. It’s 90mm if I remember correct.

Did you use a double-walled rim? Were you able to get both horizontal and vertical rim movements to 1mm or less? Did you have to dish to center? Did you use Sapim, DT, or Wheelsmith spokes?

Did you use a double-walled rim? Were you able to get both horizontal and vertical rim movements to 1mm or less? Did you have to dish to center? Did you use Sapim, DT, or Wheelsmith spokes?
No they are single walled. I just laced the hub. Haven’t done any truing or dishing yet. Might bring it to the bike shop. I bought my spokes from Huskeybicycles.com. The box they came in says “Richman” on the top. They were cheaper than anywhere else

No they are single walled. I just laced the hub. Haven’t done any truing or dishing yet. Might bring it to the bike shop. I bought my spokes from Huskeybicycles.com. The box they came in says “Richman” on the top. They were cheaper than anywhere else
My spoke of choice is Sapim. A 14 ga Sapim is stronger than a department store 10 ga spoke. Any wheels I've built for myself have always been double-walled rims.

Back