Where is BMP

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gbortnick, Oct 18, 2011.

1. gbortnick

gbortnick New Member

What has happened with BMP? Did they go out of business, get sold, or what? Did Dax take over the business?

2. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

They make a great friction drive kit thats good for 33 or 49cc 4 strokes, with your choice of roller diameters. If your motor has a 76mm clutch then this mounting kit is worth consideration.
    I've built several over the years, both 2 stroke and 4 stroke, and I've always thought they gave good quality for the money.
    I have a customized BMP rack mount that Ive put litterly thousands of miles on with no problems besides the rollers wearing smooth after long use.
    Friction or chain drive with a new jack shaft option.
    Back in the late 90s early 2000s they were the easy way to go, if not a bit on the heavy side.
    If you dont mind the extra weight, ROCK THE RACK!
    http://www.bikemotorparts.com/
    BBB

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Bmp has been out of business for months, since late last winter. There were notices early on that a transition in ownership might be in the cards but nothing has come of it since. A few members tried to get in touch but nothing was heard in reply I guess, anyway there are some threads on that around here to that effect.