Clutch pins rubbing against the clutch cover?

francisjohn

Local time
11:58 AM
The bottom end is not new. This happened to me months ago, but it went away and I never worried about it again. Therefor, this is the second time it's happened.

I did attempt to hammer in the pins, but it didn't work. I don't want to just file the pins down and hide the issue. I'm trying to figure out the cause of it as the clutch pins don't hit puberty and start growing more.

Has this happened to anyone else or have a concrete reasoning on why it's doing it? I did check both nuts on the clutch shaft for the drive sprocket and basket and both are tightened up very well.

help. sos.

Attachments

• pinny.png
    pinny.png
    911.4 KB · Views: 60
The bottom end is not new. This happened to me months ago, but it went away and I never worried about it again. Therefor, this is the second time it's happened.

I did attempt to hammer in the pins, but it didn't work. I don't want to just file the pins down and hide the issue. I'm trying to figure out the cause of it as the clutch pins don't hit puberty and start growing more.

Has this happened to anyone else or have a concrete reasoning on why it's doing it? I did check both nuts on the clutch shaft for the drive sprocket and basket and both are tightened up very well.

help. sos.
Does your clutch assembly cover have a gasket on it???...If not, it should, it will raise it away from the pins just high enough to clear it when it spins.

Does your clutch assembly cover have a gasket on it???...If not, it should, it will raise it away from the pins just high enough to clear it when it spins.
I took the clutch gasket off when I got it. I've never had an issue with water getting into the clutch basket or anything.

If I got rid of the clutch cover gasket and it happened right after, then I would understand it in regards to cause and affect. What's concerning is 2k miles later, and now it's happening. I also don't want to put a band-aid on an issue that might be going on which is why I'm trying to figure out "what causes this"

I took the clutch gasket off when I got it. I've never had an issue with water getting into the clutch basket or anything.

If I got rid of the clutch cover gasket and it happened right after, then I would understand it in regards to cause and affect. What's concerning is 2k miles later, and now it's happening. I also don't want to put a band-aid on an issue that might be going on which is why I'm trying to figure out "what causes this"
Those three pins do not magically just grow like Pinocchio's nose...lol...A gasket, sometimes two, give it the room it needs.

Have you considered that now that it is summertime, you are probably experiencing a heat expansion issue along with the ambient temperatures outside causing the problem that having that gasket or two might just prevent from happening in the first place?

If it happened after so long it could be caused by general wear on the clutch. I don't think adding gaskets is a "bandaid" I think it's just caused from general wear.

If it happened after so long it could be caused by general wear on the clutch. I don't think adding gaskets is a "bandaid" I think it's just caused from general wear.
I go at least three thousand miles on a set of clutch pads before I even consider replacing them, the last time I had to look at a set, I just put the cover right back on...They were not in need of replacement...One would really have to be abusing and riding the clutch to death if that is indeed his problem.

I have a set of clutch pads on my old Seeutec motor that over a 5 year time span and 6000 miles of use still were not in need of replacement...lol.

I go at least three thousand miles on a set of clutch pads before I even consider replacing them, the last time I had to look at a set, I just put the cover right back on...They were not in need of replacement...One would really have to be abusing and riding the clutch to death if that is indeed his problem.

I have a set of clutch pads on my old Seeutec motor that over a 5 year time span and 6000 miles of use still were not in need of replacement...lol.
As I have stated before I have a centrifugal clutch so I don't know how long a clutch should last, at least I'm learning 🤣

I use ONLY the black and white pads though...Those red Georgia clay coloured pads that most of these kits come with, including my Phantom 85, get thrown in the trash because that is what they are...lol...TRASH...lol.

Did you try going back to square one and adjusting the clutch again like new? I measured the stand off of the clutch dowls on my new engine, with the plate installed and the flower nut turned in until the center stud was flush with the outside of the flower nut. The dowls had 5.34mm outside the plate.

The cause could be wear and tear or something is broken.

Back