White Wire Voltage - 20+ V ??

I don't see much point in this trickle charging, there is little power avilable,the best circuit produces at most 4-5 Watts,available to power lights and/or charge a battery.As far as I can see the best approach is to keep a battery at full charge,by charging it until it is fully charged and controlling or stopping charging if it is being overcharged.The story about using fast recovery diodes is nonsense,the frequencies involved are below 100 Hz.What is needed is a diode with adequate peak power capability because the charge currents are a few Amps (short pulses) although the average is low, a couple of garden variety power diodes put in parallel should be adequate to handle the currents involved safely without getting zapped.Whether the battery polarity is pos. or neg. is a non issue,except that the LED's have to be hooked up correctly.They behave like zeners when back biased but don't emit any photons then

Perhaps that why some people "retire" from electronics, because they can't fully understand the nuances that are part of the business.

While my customers keep returning because of my experience, I'm continually learning new things.... alas, as long as they're important.

Back