Who's got the most expensive MB?

"you been out with that motor bike THING again"

I'm not necessarily talking money.

Mountainman came in from a long great ride
the little lady asked "you been out with that motor bike THING again"
yes dear I just had to make sure THINGS were all right and tight
she said no big problem just don't be waking me up again late tonight !!!

you know what I mean
if you want to hear a scream
go fire up your motor bike machine !!!

always good to have a back up thing to ride

The family kinda leaves me to my devices...."....dad's always busy now...."

It's a blessing. But my kids are growing up fast.

I have a few hundred into my bike.......

i guess m a cheapskate i figure i got a little over 350 n mine but tht dosnt count the mods ive done but i figure if i sold mine 4 600 i would feel compasated

I don't think I can even compete in this arena. I'm very low budget, I spent $5.00 on my child's seat $3.50 for the speedo and $2.00 on grade 8 bolts everything else was free. Pocket bike, batteries for lighting, lights, wiring, switches and milk crates all free. I just had to make everything work. So.... total investment $10.50 + my time

$500 for the whole bike shipped to my door. Spent a little more than $100 to tweak it my way... and about $370 for 2 spare engines and a spare gearbox. Not bad for under $1,000 for all that...

But the real deal I got was a little less than 2 months ago -- a black '96 BMW Z3 for $1,800, and the body is nearly flawless the whole way around. Just needed a transmission flush and new rear shock mounts and it's like brand new to me. I know people who pay $3,000 to fix some body work on a crappy car. I just got extremely lucky.

Here's a pic of what the Z3s look like (not mine, but it's identical; i really need a camera)... http://www.vistagroupusa.com/DSCN1264.JPG

Last edited:
Nice price on the BMW, sparky.:cool:

Tomorrow I'm seeing a guy about buying his motorized bike. If I like what I see, I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.:whistle:

Well I'll play, but not that it makes me feel any smarter because of it......

$600 for a Worksman bike that I ended up cutting up because the frame was too small to ride comfortably.

$600 for a Gebe kit.

$250 or so for metal. I used very little from the Worksman frame (just the bottom bracket and heat tube, in the end).

$150+ for welding fuel. I have a little Port-A-Torch kit and went through at least five gas refills before it was all over.

-----

That said, the metal I chose to use was really thicker than it needed to be, and that drove up the metal cost quite a bit. And the thicker metal needed more fuel to weld.

If I did it all over again, I would buy the wheels and fenders from Worksman, but not the rest of the bike. For the head tube and bottom bracket I'd just buy some plain steel ones from Nova or Gaerlan.

Also though I might use a Gebe kit, I would not build a single-gear drive motorbike again. I'd figure out some way to get at least a 3-speed hub in the driveline somewhere.
~

Back