Why have things not improved?

That is a customer build so pre-sold.
~$1500 built, kits will be closer to ~$1K that include everything, and other options for just the frame, etc.
It just depends on how much you want to DIY, for example the frame pre-powder coated to color of your choice, wheels, fork, etc.

If I am building it the options go and on.
This is how the Red one stands now awaiting pick-up.

RedGT2done2L-1280.jpg

RedGT2done2R-1280.jpg

It got a rack, lights, speedo and tach, and even with the 5-speed shifter on the left it still has independent brake levers, and you got to love the cushy leather covered foam grips, you can ride all day and not get hand fatigue.

RedGT2done2bars-1280.jpg

Last but not least is the pedal width.
That was a big priority for me and part of how I designed the whole 4-stroke base mount.
The engine mount holes are placed exactly where the crank arms can fit by both sides and remain normal width apart.

RedGT2done2Rear-1280.jpg

Anyone that has ever built a 4-stroke kit knows how cool just that one thing is ;-}

This is a topic about No Innovation and I am here to say there is ;-}

For the inevitable questions about how, where and when you can buy this design all I can say is not today, but this year.

As for kit options I just don't know yet other than I can't loose money.
I don't need to make much, I just have to do better than break even and move the custom parts, when you buy in lots of 200 you have to move them or go down in flames.

I am not a 'go down in flames' kind of guy.
'Damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead" because I have a real insight into the people that just need reliable, easy to maintain transportation with no licensee.
KC, what donor bike are you using for this build?

KC, what donor bike are you using for this build?
I am using the Fito Modena GT2 7-speed, $350 delivered to me in Phoenix from California.
http://www.bikebuyers.com/fito-modena-gt-alloy-7sp-man-photos.htm

It has the same geometry as the GT2A-150 frame which makes for a fine MB on it's own.

2_Fito3doneR-1280.jpg

The latest changes to the GT2 gas tank frame were made to accommodate the rear disc brake and fatter tires of the GT2.

I prefer an internal shifting hub like the 2-stroke above but the 7-speed works just fine like my latest.

2_EmeraldDoneR-1280.jpg

Not much of the Fito goes to waste besides the frame but ya, some does due to improvements like a shock fork, but still a good bike for parts for the wheels, brakes, seat. etc. down to the fenders and leather covered foam grips.

I have to get creative for the rear fender mounts, but they work great!

That is a customer build so pre-sold.
~$1500 built, kits will be closer to ~$1K that include everything, and other options for just the frame, etc.
It just depends on how much you want to DIY, for example the frame pre-powder coated to color of your choice, wheels, fork, etc.

If I am building it the options go and on.
This is how the Red one stands now awaiting pick-up.

RedGT2done2L-1280.jpg

RedGT2done2R-1280.jpg

It got a rack, lights, speedo and tach, and even with the 5-speed shifter on the left it still has independent brake levers, and you got to love the cushy leather covered foam grips, you can ride all day and not get hand fatigue.

RedGT2done2bars-1280.jpg

Last but not least is the pedal width.
That was a big priority for me and part of how I designed the whole 4-stroke base mount.
The engine mount holes are placed exactly where the crank arms can fit by both sides and remain normal width apart.

RedGT2done2Rear-1280.jpg

Anyone that has ever built a 4-stroke kit knows how cool just that one thing is ;-}

This is a topic about No Innovation and I am here to say there is ;-}

For the inevitable questions about how, where and when you can buy this design all I can say is not today, but this year.

As for kit options I just don't know yet other than I can't loose money.
I don't need to make much, I just have to do better than break even and move the custom parts, when you buy in lots of 200 you have to move them or go down in flames.

I am not a 'go down in flames' kind of guy.
'Damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead" because I have a real insight into the people that just need reliable, easy to maintain transportation with no licensee.

I'm being really off topic but can I ask which rear rack is that on the (beautiful, brilliant, awesome!) red bike? :D

I'm being really off topic but can I ask which rear rack is that on the (beautiful, brilliant, awesome!) red bike? :D
Thanks for the kudos ;-}

I don't know the name of the rack, my local bike shop carries them, but they work dandy.
I used the same one on a green bike like the red bike.

But back on topic about Innovation...

There is a brand new 70cc 2-stroke engine out with an on-board 12V generator, electric start with pull start backup, and an oil bath centrifugal clutch.
They are looking for a US distributor and offered to send me one to try.
I should have it next week ;-}

Back