witch one is best?

I just spent about 1.5 hrs. reading about the trade offs of head configurations relating to compression, detonation, pre ignition, how the heated piston can even effect the gases in the case below it, and a bunch of other real interesting stuff in the 2 stroke tuners handbook. I haven't even scratched the surface yet.
I need to build a guinea pig bike and start off with a stock broke in engine. Get a tach and speedo on it. Then I can get some conclusive results.

I was looking at your thread on a stuffed case. I think I'm going to go with a little less leaving the transfer ports and case sides alone filling only around the bearing housings. Like the mold idea. Did you have to oil the form to keep it from sticking? I am a little concerned about good adhesion to the aluminum. Thinking about the long curing jb weld. I hear it is harder and has a stronger bond.

Yup, long curing JB Weld for sure. It will hold up. Clean and degrease the area with acetone.
I sometimes sandblast areas that are too smooth or have some sort of build up on them (intake ports).
A bit of wax, silicone, grease or release agent will make removing the mold easier.
I used a GPS for top speed, but soon maxed out at 66kph (max revs) and had to test against a hill.
Keep a book and notes. I'm not so good at that. It all gets jumbled up in your memory over time.

40 years after very little about Jennings' book is wrong, and even that, right for the time.

Steve

Back