Worksman front hub and speedo drive unit?

Bob, looking at your photos again makes me wonder whether he sent you a wheel with a drum better suited (design-wise) to fit the fork of a vintage Whizzer, one where the hydraulic shock tube wouldn't be there to interfere with a speedometer drive. Just a thought...

Yes, if i put it on the other side it would be in the back but then I'd have to weld a nut on the right front fork to secure the brake stabilizer bar. A simple task but another mod, and I've found that once the mods start so does the snowballing. Best to stick with original design. Does it matter that the cable is in the front? Does it draw/activate the brake shoes different?
Thanks,
Bob

Okay...gottcha I am not a Whizzerd guy but I do see what you are talking about.I hope you get it worked out.I just picked up a set of those front a rear hubs you have.I was wondering how they were working for you?I don't have mine in hand yet but got front and rear with a freewheel for $100 shipped.What did you pay for the complete front wheel or set?..If ya don't mind me asking.

The good thing is, the rim is the good one, good old heavy duty worksman wheels. Simply nothing available that is beefier.

I wonder if worksman is changing to a newer style hub, or if Al simply made what he thought was the better choice, I've built a lot of worksman wheels and just never saw that hub.

If you decide you want to run your stock hub, let me know and maybe I can help you out.

Rich

So what size tires seem to work the best on those Worksman rims?

Any favored brands?

Back