WTB Speed Carb

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by steelfan41, Jul 27, 2011.

1. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Does anyone have one for sale or could someone tell me where I can buy the Carb? I have looked at about 10 different suppliers and they all seem to carry the CNS, which I am hoping to stay away from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Walter.

2. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

I have one for sale

In fairly good condition, however missing primer button. I filled in the hole with a tight fitting screw and it works good. I have found however that the NT carb i replaced it with is much better on my 66cc skyhawk. Float sometimes sticks on the speed carb. No amount of adjusting improved that. I have had the NT on there for 2 months and have had no leaks. It also has a nicer air cleaner assy. Only drawback i found is the throat is smaller, but the NT ran so much better, I actually have more power with it. I found mine at ebay for $15 bucks. Including shipping, but took 2 weeks to get here from china. The guy or gal has an ebay store called sun-thing28. Currently has one for the same price, the item#is 140586768715

3. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Awesome, ty so much for the extra effort!

4. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

id try pirates for a carby

maybe a dellorto 15.15
    just like mine

brad
    syd

5. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

those dellorto's are awful pricey the 15.15 is $68. They sure do look a lot better built if you got the money. i'll have to stick with the nt cause i'm financially challenged!:8:

6. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Ditto on the $$. My current carb is leaking like a sieve. I've got a friend with a month old nt he's gonna give me for $10. I'll probably still upgrade to the 66cc NT when I have a little more cash reserve.

7. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

To my knowledge the nt is the same on the 66 as the 49cc. I could be wrong though, I never owned any that came with a kit. $10's a good deal. If it doesn't run right sbp has the jets. The are the same for nt and speed but not for cns. I got a .66mm on my 66cc skyhawk slanthead but it is still a little too rich. Pretty sure .64mm gonna be perfect.
    Which carb do you have thats leaking?

8. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Stock NT is the culprit.
    My understanding is the throat is a "Little" bigger in the 66cc. Something like 3mm iirc.

9. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

the speed carb is 3mm bigger than the nt. I got both, But if im already running .66 jet i don't want any more gas anyway

10. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Got the new carb installed, nice to not see a puddle of gas forming under the motor!! Now to get my throttle working properly!

11. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

Great! Lemme know how it runs.

12. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Will do. I did some sealant work on my gas cap to hopefully fix a leak so it's setting overnight. I'll be out when daylight comes though to see if I have a running machine or not, lol. It's a CNS, I had wanted to stay away from them but for $10 you can't go wrong...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  13. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Maiden voyage with the CNS-V2 carb. First off I had to remove my ported billet intake, not enough clearance and the **** carb chewed up my o-ring. So crappy stock manifold installed. Went on a 20 mile (each way) trip to see my daughter. Ran great, plenty of take off power, does get a little choppy from 12-16mph, Wants to run around 25 (Tucson limit is 20:annoyed: ) Engine idled nicely. I have to go into the foothills to get to her house, so I got to really see what the carb would do. It ran OK on the hills. Going from a stock NT to the "super" V2 I would have expected better, but it did haul my :poop: up the hills & I lost the ported intake. It has a fuel leak that I haven't been able to track down, albeit a small one, just hate seeing that drop every 10 min. If I shut off the fuel valve it seems to stop. I'm open to any suggestions about tracking down and fixing the gas leak. :detective: Also checked the plug, little oil build up on plug under the washer, but electrode is nice and med tan.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  14. joeltrain

joeltrain New Member

gas leak

Hi there I am having problems with mine leaking gas from the float bowl drain screw. I replaced the red fiber washer with a plastic one. It worked for several days but is leaking again. I took it off and apparently i tightened it too much. The bolt cut into the waher a little. I tried flipping it over but it still leaks. I have tried white teflon tape in the past. It doesn't hold up well with gas. I read on the google they make some that supposed to work with natural gas that is yellow. I'm gonna try to pick some up today, I will let you know how it works.

15. steelfan41

steelfan41 Member

Awesome, I'll let you know if I come across something that works as well. :)